Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th March 2021, 17:34   #11
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I bought one new and sold it, powering up the compressor to undo a few wheel bolts, what a waste of time. Also you cant keep the oiler attached when you put it back in the box, taking it off putting it on, cant be bothered.
Is your air supply enough to run it?

Whilst I like the easy and go anywhere of battery I am concerned the lack of use will knacker the batteries and so I went mains powered but really only looking to undo the driveshaft nuts. Getting the wrench out of the box, getting the extension lead, stuff that, socket and extension bar is so much easier for most jobs.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 17:56   #12
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Is it faulty hence on Ebay?

Quite possibly, if I can't sort it over the weekend it's going back for a refund.

Air supply, I have a one of these
https://www.sgs-engineering.com/sc24...air-compressor

I have tried rotating whilst pushing the button to no effect.
There is a manufacturing date on the side (2015/33), seller said he bought it 4-5 years back and never used it. (is that the truth??)

For £17 I thought it worth the punt.
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.

Last edited by sln8458; 6th March 2021 at 17:58..
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 18:08   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Is it faulty hence on Ebay?

Quite possibly, if I can't sort it over the weekend it's going back for a refund.

Air supply, I have a one of these
https://www.sgs-engineering.com/sc24...air-compressor

I have tried rotating whilst pushing the button to no effect.
There is a manufacturing date on the side (2015/33), seller said he bought it 4-5 years back and never used it. (is that the truth??)

For £17 I thought it worth the punt.
The current models will be different, so swapping out is not an option, but as it is faulty (ie not fit for purpose and more importantly, not as described) return it, via eBay's returns system.

Your compressor will NOT be sufficient. Mine is a Wolf or Hawk version of the SGS one (they are all branded to the reseller - have a look at the SGS impact wrench as well ). The air wrench will run out of puff very very quickly if it is struggling with a nut/bolt, as the receiver does not hold or receive enough air, to allow it to flow in the volume required. When I started to use mine, I resorted to the mains powered one (also by Lidl).

It is adequate for wheel bolts, providing they are not too stiff requiring impacts, but for anything else, I would suggest a battery or mains one, unless you changed your compressor to at least a 100 litre with something like 13. something cfm.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 19:40   #14
3disco
3disco

ROVER 75 CONN TOURER CDTI and ZTT V8 SE LPG

Rotating the square will have no effect on pushing the forward/reverse button as they are not mechanically connected I have four versions and the pushes can get stiff if not regularly oiled use a piece of wood and gently tap with a hammer I would be very surprised if it did not free up!
3disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2021, 10:00   #15
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Default Sorted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3disco View Post
Rotating the square will have no effect on pushing the forward/reverse button as they are not mechanically connected I have four versions and the pushes can get stiff if not regularly oiled use a piece of wood and gently tap with a hammer I would be very surprised if it did not free up!

Thanks disco

Sorted

The little bottle of machine oil was empty & I don't have anything in the garage similar so I squirted WD40 in the 'oil' holes & air inlet.
I also removed the little plate around the F/R button and dosed that with the same. Removed the rear cover and again dosed the button from here.
(put the cover back )

Then very gently tapped the button via a length of 3/4 dowel with a small 1/2lb hammer from both ends of the button. After a couple of rotations the button moved a little. Then with my thumb was able to move the button forward & back with a satisfying 'click'.

Will it be man enough?
Will my compressor supply enough??
Time will tell
Thanks for everyone's comments
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2021, 11:04   #16
3disco
3disco

ROVER 75 CONN TOURER CDTI and ZTT V8 SE LPG

All sounds good but you must use the proper oil in the air tool as will rapidly wear out/seize make sure by also injecting oil into the air intake.
3disco is offline   Reply With Quote