Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th August 2021, 20:23   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default Why do people ask silly questions on eBay when selling a ZT

I’ve sold lots of parts on eBay, and not really had many silly questions but I have noticed since advertising this ZT, I’ve had lots of silly/odd questions like

1 why is it not a sunroof edition ?
2 Can you tell me if it’s had any lady owners ? and also has it had the hazard light switch replaced.
3 what time of the day did you take the photo’s as the headlights don’t appear to be switched on, also does the car come with a car cover?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-CDT...-127635-2958-0
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2021, 20:28   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Ha ha, excellent, you have to love the general public, have you not the 'its the wrong colour' question yet?
Old 6th August 2021, 20:43   #3
Norman2CV
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon. Pre Production.

Some time ago a lady turned up here with her 2CV on an AA recovery truck. A look under the bonnet confirmed that the engine was seized solid, it had got so hot it had almost melted. A look at the dipstick showed no oil. "didnt your oil light come on ? " i asked. She replied " oh yes the red one, it was dazzling me so i put a bit of tape over it " ! ! I bit my tongue and refrained from any 'dipstick' jokes !
Norman2CV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2021, 20:55   #4
Mickyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Ha ha, excellent, you have to love the general public, have you not the 'its the wrong colour' question yet?
Not yet mate, personally I thought that the hazard light switch was mega odd, do you think I’ve wasted my time putting it on eBay, I think you saw the car last time you was down when it was in the garage.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

[/SIZE]
Old 6th August 2021, 21:20   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

ebay is still the main selling platform out there, facebook is worse for timewasters, the car is well worth what you are asking Mick, not many genuine ones left out there now.
Old 7th August 2021, 00:16   #6
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

A few years ago my wife and I sold an early Mk1 consul on EBay for a friend of ours who doesn’t use the internet. The car had been stripped to a bare shell (was in perfect condition, but our friend being himself wasn’t happy with the paint - original paint and absolutely no rot!). The shell had been taken back to bare metal and had concours finish (extremely expensive) respray inside, outside and underneath, all removed parts were labelled and boxed and sub standard parts replaced with new old stock components, everything was there to put it back together.
We put up a comprehensive listing stating all work done, condition of car and 12 detailed photographs - we had at least three people ask if they could drive it home, and one who asked if we could tax and MOT it before they bid!
Do people not read the listings or look at the photographs before asking questions or are the general public a somewhat retarded?
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2021, 06:50   #7
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

When I put my current V8 up For Sale, foolish boy, on eBay. One would be buyer asked if I could take the supercharger off as they didn’t want a fast car. And another asked why didn’t it have a boot lid.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2021, 13:19   #8
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

There's nothing like the Great British Public .

I've sold some stuff with no reserve and, sure enough, someone asks the question about what's the minimum I'll accept. Erm..... there's no reserve.....

I've also had ones where I've stated there's no "Buy it Now" price and guess what some of the questions were.....

I don't bother selling on eBay now they've changed their payments policy.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2021, 14:59   #9
Mickyboy

Car is no longer for sale, the first person who saw it bought it. Hopefully they will join the club
Mick

[/SIZE]
Old 8th August 2021, 17:15   #10
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I am trying to sell a 1200cc Motorbike at the moment on Ebay, I had a question last week that I found very odd. First of all though the bike is MOT'd but is sorned. I was asked if I could tax it and deliver it and this is the best bit as ''he does not have a bike licence'' Why would you want a 1200cc Motorbike if you cant ride it?

Maybe I am missing something?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote