Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Swap-a-rama
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th August 2021, 08:33   #1
spirit6060
Regular poster

MG ZTT

Default Warning - YODEL couriers

A word of warning to those sending parcels. DO NOT send use YODEL. I sold an item on EBay for £200 and it was sent by Yodel. Although I paid for next day delivery, the parcel never arrived. The tracking showed the parcel to be in Leamington and then two days the parcel and its tracking disappeared. The EBay buyer has ordered a charge back which I can’t dispute. Now I have the task of trying to sort out an insurance claim. Looking at reviews on internet, there is no chance of that happening. Do yourselves a favour, if you are sending a parcel – DO NOT USE YODEL, EVER !!!! Tell your friends as well.
spirit6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2021, 21:44   #2
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

some of the others are not much better. even asking for proof of purchase cost of a second hand part sale that you may have bought second hand years ago. taking months to investigate the loss.they dont want to payout and will use any excuse not to. in most instances these parcels are left at the depot undelivered still with their adress labels intact as they cannot cope with volumes. then after a month they go to the tip. there were photos on here about this scandle. ... enough said. ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2021, 12:34   #3
Zepher

Rover

Default Unfair Criticism - Yodel

Having worked for Yodel for over 15 years, I think your comments are unfair.

We are the second largest parcel moving company in the UK and our "lost in transit" stats are 5.9%. 1 lost parcel is 1 too many but in the wider scale of things, it's a drop in the ocean.

The easiest way to log your complaint with Yodel is by emailing [email protected]

My car breaks down almost every week but I'm not on this forum flaming my beloved 75..

Some folk just love complaining 😊
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2021, 17:46   #4
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

It's always annoying when the post doesn't deliver but it happens from time to time with them all - I've experienced similar with just about every firm over the years at some point
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2021, 14:35   #5
iwanta260

zt

Default Far better than tuffnells

5.9% is 59,000 for every 1,000,000 delivered, if that was the NHS surgical survival rates everyone would jump up and down. That said, Yodel are not too bad, it only takes one rogue driver or thief in the warehouse to wreck a reputation, maybe they should pay more to get better staff.
I had one thieved by tuffnells, sent a driver down and got it rescued from them, then a week later they tried to claim it was oversize and asked interparcel to claim £54. I should have known better, they stole 2 sets of brand new wheels and tyres a few years ago, so the seller switched to parcelforce and now wheels arrive!
iwanta260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2023, 15:07   #6
Sonestarick

Rover 75 Saloon

Smile

Regards to parcel deliveries as we all are aware all delivery services fall short of our expectations and mission statements from time to time. To date I count myself very fortunate in as far as I have never failed to receive items bought from where ever. Just happened to see a delivery from a plain white van yesterday to the next door neighbour and realised when the driver was driving away he was very quick to deliver and depart. Alarm bells ! I knew no one was home and would'nt be back for some days,: deduced the delivery had been left on the doorstep. True enough a parcel labelled ebay was on the doorstep - no idea who the courier was - unmarked van. I picked up the parcel and although correct number but wrong name. Next day asked the postman if he knew the name and it was the same road but different number. So you can never be sure of receiving a delivery as intended ? There again to leave a parcel on a doorstep assuming it will be received by the householder absolutely ridiculous to say the least.
Sonestarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2023, 22:24   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonestarick View Post
Regards to parcel deliveries as we all are aware all delivery services fall short of our expectations and mission statements from time to time. To date I count myself very fortunate in as far as I have never failed to receive items bought from where ever. Just happened to see a delivery from a plain white van yesterday to the next door neighbour and realised when the driver was driving away he was very quick to deliver and depart. Alarm bells ! I knew no one was home and would'nt be back for some days,: deduced the delivery had been left on the doorstep. True enough a parcel labelled ebay was on the doorstep - no idea who the courier was - unmarked van. I picked up the parcel and although correct number but wrong name. Next day asked the postman if he knew the name and it was the same road but different number. So you can never be sure of receiving a delivery as intended ? There again to leave a parcel on a doorstep assuming it will be received by the householder absolutely ridiculous to say the least.
I think t is down to area and the property. If the front door opens onto a pavement then you are probably right but in the sticks with a drive, it may well be safe

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2023, 16:33   #8
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Not the point though is it . Unless you have asked for this to be safe place of delivery. Royal mail dont do this. They always ring/knock , and if no reply ,they leave a card for you to collect. Someone.... at the end of the day has paid for this item to be delivered. The company has a responsibility to literally deliver ! No good feeling sorry for delivery drivers on low pay , the employer of these people should face the consequences. Keep well away ,is my advice. Royal mail are not perfect , but its the best on offer , strikes or not. Evri have the lion share of parcels now , but its now all coming home to roost , followed closely by yodel. You have been warned ...
Old 20th November 2023, 21:54   #9
2L-Diesel
StuartC

Rover 75 Saloon

I am told by Royal Mail post staff in the know here locally that letters are in a shambles, with no-one knowing what to do and how to run things -BUT Everything is being done to concentrate on parcels which are far more lucrative. I believe Royal Mail have been fined many thousands by the regulator for not delivering 1st class mail according to the rules.
2L-Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2023, 19:05   #10
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

absolutely true. Royal mail do not want the post any more. Its about time that evri and yodel were brought into line as well. You pay for a service which is not literally delivered. Late is one thing but not delivered at all is another . Consumers have rights in shops and online ,and these rights are being overlooked , especially as they are the biggest offenders.