Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

View Poll Results: How did you hear about the 75 and ZT Club?
I got a club flyer on my car 15 0.83%
Internet search 1,445 79.75%
Linked from another website 169 9.33%
Word of mouth / recommendation 244 13.47%
Press Ganged 11 0.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th November 2021, 08:20   #741
mikesten68

MG ZT Saloon

Hello all!

Just joined. Long time Rover owner, had five 25s, a couple of 45s and a Streetwise. I was looking at getting a Tomcat, then saw a ZT up for grabs at a bargain price, so I bought it unseen!
Some minor blips to address, but booked in at my local garage in a week or so. Just had four new tyres and wheel balancing/alignment. All advisories on previous MOT have been dealt with.
My ZT+ 160 has been remapped by the previous owner and pulls 200BHP. It's a mean beast compared to the 1.4i Streetwise I had!
Look forward to reading and learning more on here!
mikesten68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2021, 08:24   #742
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Welcome to the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars. Never be afraid to ask any questions on anything. Plenty of knowledgeable people here.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2022, 12:36   #743
Southcoaster

MG ZT-T

Hello, and thank you for being here. I was vaguely aware of the club from PC mag, and then BigAde's ZT-T ad was referenced on another forum (the beige one). After a false start this is now sitting on my drive and will have another run out this afternoon.
Southcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2022, 15:16   #744
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southcoaster View Post
Hello, and thank you for being here. I was vaguely aware of the club from PC mag, and then BigAde's ZT-T ad was referenced on another forum (the beige one). After a false start this is now sitting on my drive and will have another run out this afternoon.
Welcome to the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 15th May 2022, 10:42   #745
DJD6619

None at the moment

Talking Hello

I am a returning member, having been away since 2014, when I sold my Tourer ( 2003 2ltr cdi Connoisseur SE in Midnight Blue with Ash Grey Interior). Between 2003 and 2006 I had a 2000 Longbridge built Saloon ( 1.8ltr Club SE in White Gold manual with Beige cloth interior). It seems that every 7 years or so, I get the urge for a Rover and particularly the 75. I think it if I was aquire another one, it would have to be a 2.5 Connoisseur SE in White Gold or Nightfire Red. I would love a V8 but they are out of reach for me!
DJD6619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2022, 13:38   #746
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD6619 View Post
I am a returning member, having been away since 2014, when I sold my Tourer ( 2003 2ltr cdi Connoisseur SE in Midnight Blue with Ash Grey Interior). Between 2003 and 2006 I had a 2000 Longbridge built Saloon ( 1.8ltr Club SE in White Gold manual with Beige cloth interior). It seems that every 7 years or so, I get the urge for a Rover and particularly the 75. I think it if I was aquire another one, it would have to be a 2.5 Connoisseur SE in White Gold or Nightfire Red. I would love a V8 but they are out of reach for me!
Welcome back. Been a few changes but still the same club. Lots of help available.

onen hag oll
Old 16th October 2022, 10:29   #747
Tetleysmooth
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default Hi everyone.

I was linked to this forum by a current member, well at least I think he is - gadgetgricey.
Cheers gricey.
I had a T reg Mercedes W202 C200 which I was perfectly happy with until London Mayor Kahn started making noises about expanding the ulez zone to cover the whole of Greater London next year. Of course, the Merc would not be compliant, so I advertised it on a couple of other forums for sale or swap. To cut a long story short, and a lot of messing about by people, I was offered a 54 reg 75 Conny SE as an - almost - swap.
Yes please. I've never owned one before, so didn't quite know what to expect. It's the 1.8 non turbo auto. Driving it home from the swap, along the M4 and around the northside M25, it turned out to be a very capable car, and I'm very pleased with it.
It has a tiny bit of damage to the offside front wing, which is not particulary bothering me, and it needs a jolly good clean up, but apart from that, it runs and drives lovely. Oh, it could do with a pair of front tyres. 215/55/16 if anyone has a couple they wish to sell. When I've given it a good coat of polish, I'll stick some photos up, if there's any interest.
Anyway, it's nice to be here, and I'm sure I'll be bending several ears soon.
Tetleysmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2022, 11:55   #748
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetleysmooth View Post
I was linked to this forum by a current member, well at least I think he is - gadgetgricey.
Cheers gricey.
I had a T reg Mercedes W202 C200 which I was perfectly happy with until London Mayor Kahn started making noises about expanding the ulez zone to cover the whole of Greater London next year. Of course, the Merc would not be compliant, so I advertised it on a couple of other forums for sale or swap. To cut a long story short, and a lot of messing about by people, I was offered a 54 reg 75 Conny SE as an - almost - swap.
Yes please. I've never owned one before, so didn't quite know what to expect. It's the 1.8 non turbo auto. Driving it home from the swap, along the M4 and around the northside M25, it turned out to be a very capable car, and I'm very pleased with it.
It has a tiny bit of damage to the offside front wing, which is not particulary bothering me, and it needs a jolly good clean up, but apart from that, it runs and drives lovely. Oh, it could do with a pair of front tyres. 215/55/16 if anyone has a couple they wish to sell. When I've given it a good coat of polish, I'll stick some photos up, if there's any interest.
Anyway, it's nice to be here, and I'm sure I'll be bending several ears soon.
Welcome to the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars. Have a look at the various sections and post up questions you may have.

onen hag oll
Old 28th November 2022, 22:43   #749
autolantic

Rover 75 Saloon

Cool Good evening from a newby

Dear all,
Just subscribed to your wonderful forum since I recently became an owner of a Cowley-built 75 auto V6 saloon that a regional enthusiast sold from his fleet to slim down.
A great design of a car and a reminder that there are more cars to the world than my teutonic compatriots are rolling out.
That being said, I try my best with your forum help to get to know my new car (one out of two MGR cars I now call my own).

With kind regards from BMW-country!
(yes, I know what you might want to reply but please at least, don't mention the War... )
autolantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2022, 08:32   #750
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by autolantic View Post
Dear all,
Just subscribed to your wonderful forum since I recently became an owner of a Cowley-built 75 auto V6 saloon that a regional enthusiast sold from his fleet to slim down.
A great design of a car and a reminder that there are more cars to the world than my teutonic compatriots are rolling out.
That being said, I try my best with your forum help to get to know my new car (one out of two MGR cars I now call my own).

With kind regards from BMW-country!
(yes, I know what you might want to reply but please at least, don't mention the War... )
Welcome to the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars. Have a wander around the various sections and ask as many questions as you want. We have experts in many fields.

onen hag oll