Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th December 2021, 10:57   #21
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
It might not be so much fun when your eyes light up after you accidently touch those high voltage DC batteries.-----

Won't be boring though.----

Very similar to sticking your hands in the belts of an ICE car with the engine running!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2021, 11:04   #22
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

I wonder how long it will be before we see newspaper reports of EV drivers in minor collisions being electrocuted by their cars ??

Will the AA and RAC drivers need to be paid danger money ??

Sneaky stuff electricity as you can't see it.--You can see and smell a petrol leak.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2021, 11:07   #23
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Very similar to sticking your hands in the belts of an ICE car with the engine running!
Interesting proposition------Injury versus death.

Old 5th December 2021, 11:17   #24
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I think the problem is that some members still view electricity as some form of witchcraft.
Old 5th December 2021, 11:35   #25
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
I think the problem is that some members still view electricity as some form of witchcraft.
Well it really is isn't it

Not visible---no smell---no taste until you start to mess with it and then-----------------------------------------ZAP

Nature does try warn us about it with the odd flash of lightning.

Some members also believe the world is flat and that there are Martians amongst us.

I don't know, really, what to believe any more.--Perhaps this forum is just a figment of my imagination and all I'm doing is talking to myself-----And what's worse answering.-----------
Old 5th December 2021, 14:49   #26
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

As somone mentioned, the good people up north are cold and do indead need warmth i dare say it wont be solar or a wind power generator providing it at this time.
To many clouds and to windy for a wind turbine.
As for driving to mates place to get a recharge, nice if you have sone charge left to get there.
Hey, if Ev is your thing, great, but its only an interim technology and only good for high density type residential settings.
As said, if you dont have a base load power capacity it aint gonna work.
Think of the current power grid now then lets add a few million ev xars to it and see how it goes.
The irony is the very thing Ev’s are trying to address , climate change, is the very thing that is going to cause more freak weather events that will more regularly disrupt power supplies in the future.
Ev’s are great fun to drive- when you can charge them!!!
Hydrogen fuel cell, only long term way to go!!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2021, 15:10   #27
MSS
This is my second home

Unlike Australia, the whole of the Uk is a high population density location.

Also, one of the most irresponsible and selfish things a person can do is to travel 100 odd miles to be with friends following poor weather conditions that have led to chaos and advice against travel. Traveling in such conditions risks the lives of emergency and rescue agency workers/volunteers.

All technology is interim due to constant progress.

This may surprise people, but EV are not my thing. They do not sound like V6 or V8 engines. But, the majority of drivers are not into engines as I am and an EV would perfectly suit their needs as well as contribute to protecting the environment.

Last edited by MSS; 5th December 2021 at 15:49..
Old 5th December 2021, 15:33   #28
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Something I have wondered about for a while.

In winter, I often have the AC running to keep the windows clear. Obviously this has to have the heater on as well to avoid me freezing to death. How would an EV cope with this, as well as having lights on, heated rear window on, charging my phone, and maybe the radio?

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2021, 11:38   #29
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Unlike Australia, the whole of the Uk is a high population density location.

Also, one of the most irresponsible and selfish things a person can do is to travel 100 odd miles to be with friends following poor weather conditions that have led to chaos and advice against travel. Traveling in such conditions risks the lives of emergency and rescue agency workers/volunteers.

All technology is interim due to constant progress.

This may surprise people, but EV are not my thing. They do not sound like V6 or V8 engines. But, the majority of drivers are not into engines as I am and an EV would perfectly suit their needs as well as contribute to protecting the environment.
I guess that the reason why there are so many emergency and rescue agency workers/volunteers is because the world is also full of irresponsible and selfish human beings.---
Old 6th December 2021, 12:37   #30
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
I guess that the reason why there are so many emergency and rescue agency workers/volunteers is because the world is also full of irresponsible and selfish human beings.---

I could prove this point with a photograph taken whilst walking on a Welsh mountain 2 years ago. I met four teenagers at the top - two boys and two girls.

I was fully kitted out in waterproof gear and carried a map, hiking GPS, food, two flasks of hot drinks etc. Of the teenagers, one girl was in torn jeans (modern fashion type) and the other in a tight miniskirt and slippers. They looked the part but were not dressed for even moderate hill walking. Imagine if the weather had turned, which it can easily do on a mountain.

I did take a photograph with a telephoto lens when they were a sufficient distance away to show my teenagers how not to dress for a hill walk but will not post it up in order not to incriminate myself. The photograph was taken purely for educational purposes, Me Lord.

I would most certainly categorise driving 80 or 100 miles after a storm with live advice to avoid travel as being irresponsible. Unless of course it is to Barnard Castle to check eyesight during travel restrictions.

Last edited by MSS; 6th December 2021 at 12:42..