Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd September 2021, 11:29   #1
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts
Default Catalyst Would be Thief

Just read about a cleaver ratbag of a thief, who got crushed under a B*W car in the act of stealing the catalytic converter. Sorry to say, but that is what should happen to all that type. Let’s just say, he got his Just deserts.
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:35   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Just read about a cleaver ratbag of a thief, who got crushed under a B*W car in the act of stealing the catalytic converter. Sorry to say, but that is what should happen to all that type. Let’s just say, he got his Just deserts.

Did he or she remove the wheels instead of the cat by mistake?

Always check the nuts and bolts you undo are the correct ones!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:52   #3
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

In a perverse way, this post has cheered me up. Is there something wrong with me?
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:59   #4
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
In a perverse way, this post has cheered me up. Is there something wrong with me?

Are you after a comprehensive response?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2021, 12:29   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

How did it happen? Car fall off the "jack"? Was he killed?

Cant see he would be a loss to society but what of the feelings of other family members, they may be decent people

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:02   #6
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
How did it happen? Car fall off the "jack"? Was he killed?

Cant see he would be a loss to society but what of the feelings of other family members, they may be decent people

macafee2
Those were my thoughts too.
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:03   #7
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Are you after a comprehensive response?
Lol. Probably not. The hazards of posting in haste.
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:17   #8
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

saw this on the news today. he wanted to get £500 for the cat. yes £500. just shows how much they would cost to replace. the news reported that he owed money to the courts for previous conviction fines. twenty five years of age. he was found with the jack lying next to his body under the car by the owner at 6am the next morning with legs sticking out from under the car. god knows where he jacked it up from.maybe even the pipe he was cutting ... who knows.too much of this going on and all they do is travel around estates at night whilst people are asleep looking for cars known to have expensive cats on young or old cars. two cats a week for a few hours is big money. they dont have any respect or sympathy for the person they have robbed and cannot go to work the next day if they needed the car. the older 75 has these cats and a number have gone around my area along with honda civic ones. what a waste of life and a stupid young man. the ones i feel sorry for most are his family.
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2021, 14:09   #9
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

CAT THEFT ... this theft nearly happened to me. i was up late one evening after working late shift and i was home in the lounge around 3.am no tv on and quiet, when i heard an engine running outside as i had the front window slightly ajar. i went to the window pulled aside the curtain and two young men in a black audi were parked alongside my rover in the middle of the road right outside my house . the passenger appeared to be pulling tools or similar from his glove compartment, and jumped out of the car and disappeared from view .
iimmediately following this the driver drove down to the end of the street and turned around and came back and parked in front of my car. he saw me looking and quickly drove forward outside my next door neighbours house and stopped. it was then the other youth appeared wearing a striped top from under the hedgeline of my eyes view and jumped back in the car and were gone at speed. i went out to the car but could see no signs of attempted break in etc so went back inside. it wasnt until a month or so later whilst having my stainless cat back system fitted that the fitter beckoned me from under the car which was up on the ramps to have a look. he pointed out to me where someone had tried to cut the old cat off and showed me the rings made by a chain cutter. thinking about it later on my way home everything dropped into place about that quiet night in my lounge .. ..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2021, 14:57   #10
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Where are they getting rid of them and whats the process- scrap metal dealers were at onetime registered etc and subject to random checks but I suppose the answer is "not any longer" Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote