Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th September 2021, 20:39   #1
boater
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Great car & great guy

Yesterday my partner & I travelled by train from South Yorkshire to Great Yarmouth to see/buy a 75 from Roverbarmy AKA Mike.

What a horrendous journey it was. We were let down by the local taxi company to begin with and then by rail staff giving us inaccurate information regarding train times etc. Give me car travel anyday!

We left home at 8.45 am and arrived in GY at 3.15 we changed trains 4 times and had waits between each of up to 50 mins.

Mike was waiting for us when we arrived and I got my first sight of the 75 we had come to see and what a beauty she is. The drive to Mike's home confirmed my first impression and over a welcome cuppa with Mike and his wife, the deal was done.

The Rover is a Club spec car with a number of nice additions and has the 2.0 V6 and auto box. I have previously owned a 2.5 which is quicker but the 2.0 is so smooth and cruises effortlessly.

The drive home was in complete contrast to our train journey and we covered the 170 miles or so in total comfort.

Looking around it more closely today and I am very happy with my purchase which is a credit to Mike for his care and attention to detail in looking after what is a 22 year old car and as a result it is in exceptional condition.

A BIG BIG thanks Mike and I hope you can find a replacement that you will be as happy with in the future.

Howard
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2021, 21:01   #2
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Never met Mike but he comes across as a really nice guy.I know he cherished his car so you have definitely got a gooden.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 00:54   #3
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

You have got yourself a great car, and as you say.. Mike has done a great job of looking after the V6.

Enjoy your new 75 👍👍
Old 10th September 2021, 04:12   #4
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Well done, looks like a bargain and in extremely good condition too

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=315026
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 08:53   #5
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Hi folks and thanks for the comments, even though it's a bit like reading your own (Rover) obituary!!! My family and I have had Rover cars since the 1960s and have never been disappointed.

No doubt if MGR were still here, I would have one of their SUVs!

Why not a Land Rover you may ask but my previous Land Rover experience was with a SWB diesel which rattled my teeth! The modern LR seems to cater more for the "Chelsea tractor drivers" with auto everything and electronics everywhere which doesn't do anything for me.

It's looking like a Kia Sportage / Hyundai IX35 or a Honda CRV. As Mrs Roverbarmy will have a say in it, I am told that the CRV is too big! We shall see.

Thanks to all for the advice, encouragement and practical help. I'm not going to start mentioning individuals because I will no doubt forget someone (senior moments) and I don't want to upset anyone. I shall keep popping in so won't be a stranger.

Good luck and best wishes to boater. Enjoy the motor! I'm a poet and I don't know it!

Cheers to all, keep on Rovering,

Mike