Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th November 2021, 18:22   #1
Lincoln Green
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon manual

Default Don't want to upset anyone but....

I'm a newbie to the Club but have owned a 75 for the last 5years. Since I joined the Club the information, how to's and knowledge I have gained has proved invaluable. This brings me to my point . I pay £2.20 a day for a paper and £2.50 a fortnight for Private Eye and get nothing like the benefit I do from these forums which are available for 20p a week. I don't know how long the subscription has been £10 a year but I'm sure the Club could be helped by a reasonable increase which surely no reasonable member would object to. A bigger stand at NEC and maybe even a bit of help to members ( DaveLincs comes to mind ) who take the time to arrange home get togethers and the nano meets are a few things that spring to mind and other members I'm sure could suggest better uses. I understand that the Club is not there to make huge profits but a an extra fiver or tenner ain't the end of the world even to someone on Universal Credit.
Lincoln Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2021, 19:36   #2
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Don't want to upset anybody

There is a donate button at the top of the page....

Some members don't pay subs for reasons of their own- are you sure you don't want to upset anybody? Let the flame war begin.
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2021, 19:53   #3
Lincoln Green
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon manual

Default Don't want to upset anyone but....

No I really don't. The sum involved isn't worth getting upset about and certainly doesn't justify warfare. It was just a thought. I'm off to the shelter in my tin helmet, this is the bomber county !
Old 19th November 2021, 19:58   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Green View Post
No I really don't. The sum involved isn't worth getting upset about and certainly doesn't justify warfare. It was just a thought. I'm off to the shelter in my tin helmet, this is the bomber county !
Off up the steps of the Lancaster morelike
Old 19th November 2021, 20:14   #5
Lincoln Green
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon manual

Default I don't want to upset anyone but...

Not that close to East Kirkby Trikey. Maybe that's a good thing ! I have no problem with not paying subs but maybe a PM to subscribers could give the option to pay more or not. Would it be ok for me to PM you sometime about T4 query?
Old 19th November 2021, 20:17   #6
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Not that close to East Kirkby Trikey. Maybe that's a good thing ! I have no problem with not paying subs but maybe a PM to subscribers could give the option to pay more or not. Would it be ok for me to PM you sometime about T4 query?

You have to subscribe to trikey's pension fund!

I think your original post is a good one!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2021, 20:18   #7
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Of course..
Old 19th November 2021, 20:20   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
I'm a newbie to the Club but have owned a 75 for the last 5years. Since I joined the Club the information, how to's and knowledge I have gained has proved invaluable. This brings me to my point . I pay £2.20 a day for a paper and £2.50 a fortnight for Private Eye and get nothing like the benefit I do from these forums which are available for 20p a week. I don't know how long the subscription has been £10 a year but I'm sure the Club could be helped by a reasonable increase which surely no reasonable member would object to. A bigger stand at NEC and maybe even a bit of help to members ( DaveLincs comes to mind ) who take the time to arrange home get togethers and the nano meets are a few things that spring to mind and other members I'm sure could suggest better uses. I understand that the Club is not there to make huge profits but a an extra fiver or tenner ain't the end of the world even to someone on Universal Credit.

What do you think the membership would gain by an increase in "subs"?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2021, 20:29   #9
Lincoln Green
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon manual

Default I don't want to upset anyone but...

Thanks MSS. Always willing to Help the Aged. Must apologise to you in advance but I have to fit an in line thermostat to my CDTi ( work daily driver ) but promise never to refer to it as a mod!!!
Old 19th November 2021, 20:38   #10
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Thanks MSS. Always willing to Help the Aged. Must apologise to you in advance but I have to fit an in line thermostat to my CDTi ( work daily driver ) but promise never to refer to it as a mod!!!

This has not just upset but offended me. It wa such a promising start as well!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote