Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th March 2011, 18:46   #1
paicey
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default good deal??

hi people, did i get a good deal? i bought 4xunion alloys with virtually new tyres on them and the early boot plinth today for £105.00 from a breakers in cowplain near waterlooville if anyone knows the area? called ring and bring, they had 3 75's in, i went in to get 2 front tyres for my 15" crowns but got these instead. i wanted more bits but fear the misses would smell a rat if i turned up home with a bootfull of bits..... damn it. if anyone knows the area i would give them a call and see what they have, the car i got the wheels off was a 1.8 with an engine that was starting to push up daisies, shame though, if i had the money and space i could have had the car itself maybe all 3 lol but cant, i just about managed to get away getting the bits i did, i do wish i have gotten the original c? pillar bits that have the badge on them.... ho hum.
paicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 08:05   #2
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicey View Post
hi people, did i get a good deal? i bought 4xunion alloys with virtually new tyres on them and the early boot plinth today for £105.00 from a breakers in cowplain near waterlooville if anyone knows the area? called ring and bring, they had 3 75's in, i went in to get 2 front tyres for my 15" crowns but got these instead. i wanted more bits but fear the misses would smell a rat if i turned up home with a bootfull of bits..... damn it. if anyone knows the area i would give them a call and see what they have, the car i got the wheels off was a 1.8 with an engine that was starting to push up daisies, shame though, if i had the money and space i could have had the car itself maybe all 3 lol but cant, i just about managed to get away getting the bits i did, i do wish i have gotten the original c? pillar bits that have the badge on them.... ho hum.
Hi there,

I would say that was a cracking deal.

Plinths can run anywhere up to £15/20 and Unions up to £40 per wheel. If you say that was £25 per wheel and a fiver for the plinth then you have done well.

However, it does sound like you have been bitten by the bug and will defintely be back for C Pillar trims, torpedo badges, bullet mirrors etc, etc.....

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 12:51   #3
paicey
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post
Hi there,

I would say that was a cracking deal.

Plinths can run anywhere up to £15/20 and Unions up to £40 per wheel. If you say that was £25 per wheel and a fiver for the plinth then you have done well.

However, it does sound like you have been bitten by the bug and will defintely be back for C Pillar trims, torpedo badges, bullet mirrors etc, etc.....

Derek
oh i have the bug, shame i dont have the funds to fully feed that bug. yeah the plinth was £5 he wanted £10 but i just said a fiver as i spent more on the wheels and tyres, they are a good bunch there and if i had the time and more cash on me i would have had the c pillars as well and i bet i could have had the pair for £10, i may go back next week, they are kinda in the middle of nowhere so dont get loads of trade which is handy.
paicey is offline   Reply With Quote