Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd July 2007, 22:45   #1
wendy
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 160+

Default Confused???

Can anybody tell me (apologies if its been asked before) but why is there a 'facelift mk2 MG7 and an old shape mk1 MG7.
I asked a NAC person at Silverstone but he went round the houses and never answered me.
Old 2nd July 2007, 22:52   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I have seen that as well, but I would expect only the MK2 to properly Launch, but.....
Have also heard the option of both so who knows??
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 00:02   #3
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Here's what I know:

"The MG7 is a sports saloon built by MG. Production started in early 2007. The MG7 has received praise from the British press who test drove it in May. They were surprised by the build quality and lack of panel gaps which were present in the latter MG Rover built models. The MG7 comes in two styles, the first which looks like the MKI MG ZT with twin front lights and the second which looks like the MKII Rover 75 V8. There are two wheelbases and it is thought that the longer wheelbase will feature the V8 grille. To confuse matters more, pictures of a 7 with a MKII Rover 75 nose have been taken. The 7 comes in two trim levels 'Classic' which features a slatted grille and 'Sport' which has a mesh grille. The look of the 7 has changed very little; the only noticeable difference is freshly-designed LED rear light clusters and new alloy wheels. Also the car features new audio and heating systems as well as a new sunroof system. There are two engine options, the 1.8T and the 2.5V6, both revised Rover K-Series engines called the N-Series with stronger head gaskets, both meeting strict Euro IV emissions regulations. Changes to the electrical system have been made to improve the engine's ignition system and also to support the wider range of equipment, which includes front headrest-mounted DVD players for rear passengers and a reversing camera. One of the greatest improvements is the replacement of some features which were snatched away under Rover's 'Project Drive'. These include bonnet insulation, driver's-side grab handles and the noise, vibration, harshness package which reduces road, engine and wind noise in the cabin dramatically. All models now receive ITS head airbags which mean theoretically the MG7 could attain a 5 star Euro NCAP rating. Some sources suggest that the MG7 will appear in the UK in September 2007, other say it won't appear for a couple of years."

Curtesy Wikipedia

I want, I want.
TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 3rd July 2007 at 00:05..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 00:06   #4
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Thanks TC
Now we just have to wait for it to arrive and the more readily available source of Spares?
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 00:53   #5
wendy
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 160+

Very strange if they offered both.
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:39   #6
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

and whats happening about the tourers?
I dont think china as a nation do much dog walking generally(Heavens, cant they aspire?) ...but will they be making good ol' tourers for anyone, anywhere? Any one know....
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote