Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31st October 2019, 16:33   #1
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Default Austin make a comeback

Apologies if this subject has already been covered but out walking the dog today listening to my new little Dab radio and headphones I just caught the tail end of an item on talkradio I think it was.

Unfortunately I'd missed the main body of the discussion but basically it involved the inventor of an Aluminium air battery cell that it is claimed would give a car a 1500 mile range rather than the paltry ranges of current lithium battery cars at present.

The chap claimed that he had been blocked out for some years by the vested interests of the car industry who had swung behind Lithium Ion technology for their cars but now after signing up with the electronic company Austin who also hold the naming rights for the Austin Motor company his phone is ringing of the hook with a number of major car companies wanting in on the project.

He said that cars powered by the new technology would be out within the year.

Again my apologies for those who have already noted this but I appear to be a few days behind the story and as explained only caught it by chance today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arging-it.html
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote