Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th October 2011, 16:53   #1111
man of kent
Loves to post

75 tourer auto diesel

Just fitted my gates 14089 stat in the top hose. How did you get it this far into the hose?. I tried dry first and nearly got it stuck just a little way in. I then used silicone grease inside the hose and on the stat and only just got it in enough even using a socket to push it in. The bulb now is partly in the housing as I could not get it further. Probably depends on how old the hose is as they get softer with age. Didn't need a hose clip to hold the stat in position as its a tight fit.

The band is difficult to cut without damaging the housing and hose. I used a junior hacksaw.

Hope there are no air locks after refilling. Took it for a couple of mile run and the top hose is warm, so hopefully ok.
man of kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 21:56   #1112
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
Just fitted my gates 14089 stat in the top hose. How did you get it this far into the hose?. I tried dry first and nearly got it stuck just a little way in. I then used silicone grease inside the hose and on the stat and only just got it in enough even using a socket to push it in. The bulb now is partly in the housing as I could not get it further. Probably depends on how old the hose is as they get softer with age. Didn't need a hose clip to hold the stat in position as its a tight fit.

The band is difficult to cut without damaging the housing and hose. I used a junior hacksaw.

Hope there are no air locks after refilling. Took it for a couple of mile run and the top hose is warm, so hopefully ok.
With great effort i used a rubber handle of a claw hammer but this is not advised wahing up liquid or vaseline you can check you temp on the OBD go to No 19 then to 7

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 11:06   #1113
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Diesel Thermostat

I have discovered that there is a 'stat available, with the correct dimensions
for fitting in the in-line housings, which is rated at 205F (96.1C). I am trying to trace a UK supplier. I am doubtful that the diesels could achieve 96C in the winter but If I get one I will test it. TC will be pleased!
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 11:35   #1114
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzerk View Post
for fitting in the in-line housings, which is rated at 205F (96.1C). I am trying to trace a UK supplier. I am doubtful that the diesels could achieve 96C in the winter but If I get one I will test it. TC will be pleased!
Please do keep us updated, i'm still using the supplied one from the first batch manufactured and lost track of what I should have in there?
Old 19th October 2011, 11:45   #1115
Charles Hill
Regular poster

ROVER 75 CONNESIOUR CDT SE {NAV}

Hi all. My 75 cdt conny with auto air con is getting warm after about 1/2 mile or 10 mins. but is not over heating at all
Charles Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 19:01   #1116
Dave-M
Avid contributor

ZT-T 135

Fitted the Renault 5 stat at the weekend - a very tight fit, even after softening the hose in a cup of hot water. I ended up using a bit of washing liquid and then pushing it in with a large socket.

Temperature was around 70-75 before, but now gets up to mid 80's. Still takes a few miles to hit the half way mark on the guage though - but I think that's because my drive to work starts with a gentle 20-30mph through town, after which I can put my foot down. But I put the FBH in place at the same time so I'm hoping that will help with the warm up on these cold mornings... just need to fit the fuel pump next week and give it a trial run.
Dave-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 19:50   #1117
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzerk View Post
Would be very interested in fitting one!
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 21:39   #1118
PEPPER953
Avid contributor

Rover75

I've sorced a stat housing that is inline so am going to just cut top hose and insert,
If it gets too warm, The housing is bolted so 3 bolts and I can change the stat for a lower rated one
PEPPER953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 22:00   #1119
swinnie
Avid contributor

Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD Veloce

Fitted a renault 5/clio mk1 1.4 stat today. Slightly different to others I have seen on here but it works well. Temp rises to 90 then drops to 84 before rising again, Never went above 81 before and usually 79. Was fairly easy to fit just heated hose with boiling water and pushed it in by push hose back onto housing. One word of warning renault 5 stats come in 83 and 88 degree, make sure you order a 88. Just need to get fuel to fbh now and i will be super toastie

Derek
swinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 06:30   #1120
ednersand
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

i took a drive to padstow (cornwall) on Wednesday from swanley in kent, a total of 285 miles the outside temp peaked at 5.5'C and my OBD showed water temp at 51'C until i put the blower on then it dropped to 43'C.Yesterday i fitted a 89'C Renault stat and today drove into london and the OBD showed 75'C, this temp did not drop when the blower was turned on, so for the first time today i had hot toasty air blowing in the car, the traffic will be heavier to nite on the way home so i'm expecting higher temps, fingers crossed not to high.
John
ednersand is offline   Reply With Quote