Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st November 2022, 09:58   #167091
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Just been in the garage to get some birdseed for the feeders & the floor in there is swamped with all the rain we've had lately

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2022, 10:59   #167092
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

My missus is taking the Mick! These hot flushes on this hormone treatment are endless, 24/7 day & night so she said I'll get you some meds I used to take for hot flushes when I went through the menopause.

The top box of meds says. 'Specially developed for women at this time of change'

Old 1st November 2022, 11:53   #167093
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Just been in the garage to get some birdseed for the feeders & the floor in there is swamped with all the rain we've had lately
Our grass is really long, but every day it’s totally wet after loads through the night. I don’t think it will get dry enough for one more cut before the grass dries enough.
Old 1st November 2022, 13:15   #167094
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

It's gone dark as night again & here comes more rain.

Old 1st November 2022, 13:19   #167095
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
My missus is taking the Mick! These hot flushes on this hormone treatment are endless, 24/7 day & night so she said I'll get you some meds I used to take for hot flushes when I went through the menopause.

The top box of meds says. 'Specially developed for women at this time of change'

You know I am on a hormone treatment to shrink the size of the prostate, well Ian I also get hot flushes at night and can’t sleep because I am too hot or it’s the internal stitches pulling, still painful but I have managed to get the pain killers down to once every 12 hours. Last night the bedroom was cold but I was on top of the bed because of the hut flush. You do have my sympathy and the same goes to any woman of a certain age and disposition who might be reading our blog. I hope they are not too bored.

Your wife means well offering you some herbal medication. Bless her heart 😀
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2022, 13:43   #167096
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Spoke too soon. Thunder lightning and heavy rain here now!

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk
Old 1st November 2022, 13:49   #167097
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
You know I am on a hormone treatment to shrink the size of the prostate, well Ian I also get hot flushes at night and can’t sleep because I am too hot or it’s the internal stitches pulling, still painful but I have managed to get the pain killers down to once every 12 hours. Last night the bedroom was cold but I was on top of the bed because of the hut flush. You do have my sympathy and the same goes to any woman of a certain age and disposition who might be reading our blog. I hope they are not too bored.

Your wife means well offering you some herbal medication. Bless her heart 😀

Afternoon Phil, We had a good laugh about it I've been trying to get through to my doctors today with no luck!

My next hormone injection is on the 1st December & Christies says the district nurse can do it at my local clinic but I've had no conformation for the appointment. I thought I'd ring early to remind them as nothing seems to go to plan.

Old 1st November 2022, 14:32   #167098
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Afternoon Phil, We had a good laugh about it I've been trying to get through to my doctors today with no luck!

My next hormone injection is on the 1st December & Christies says the district nurse can do it at my local clinic but I've had no conformation for the appointment. I thought I'd ring early to remind them as nothing seems to go to plan.
How prudent of you Ian, when it comes to the NHS ……

Presume nothing!

Great news you are down for the injection. Do keep at ‘em.

As you might know I have another aneurysm in the Popliteal artery inside the right knee. When it was last measured in Bristol in June it was 2.3cm so it’s due for a repair with a graft in March. The surgeon said I can have it done in London Bristol or South Africa but it should be scanned again in December.

So yesterday when I rang up the NHS aneurysm monitoring service in Bristol for an appointment date for the scan, I was told “we don’t send out appointments so far in advance and we can’t tell you now when your appointment is”….

I asked for an appointment the latest 7 December as I will be going away. They said they expect to contact me by letter when they are doing the November appointments, so will try and fit me in.

I still have not had any luck in getting a blood test from my GP. Twice I asked and twice I have been refused despite having major surgery and my Haemoglobin being 9.5 post op - anaemic. I don’t fancy eating lots of liver!

A private blood test is £175 but it’s not right my GP keeps refusing me the blood tests. I have been with this practice for the past 4 years since moving from London and in all that time the practice has never given me a blood test.

When I complained about it the surgeon who did my operation in London, he said he will write a prescriptive letter to my GP to get him to allow me to have blood tests for anaemia and post op follow up. I am not hopeful
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2022, 15:12   #167099
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Our grass is really long, but every day it’s totally wet after loads through the night. I don’t think it will get dry enough for one more cut before the grass dries enough.
Not grass that's the problem here (don't have any), its the leaves off the trees in the museum next door, place is thick with them. No point trying the garden vac as its so wet the leaves are pasted to the ground. Need a couple of good dry days, preferably with a stiff breeze, to dry everything out.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2022, 16:22   #167100
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
How prudent of you Ian, when it comes to the NHS ……

Presume nothing!

Great news you are down for the injection. Do keep at ‘em.

As you might know I have another aneurysm in the Popliteal artery inside the right knee. When it was last measured in Bristol in June it was 2.3cm so it’s due for a repair with a graft in March. The surgeon said I can have it done in London Bristol or South Africa but it should be scanned again in December.

So yesterday when I rang up the NHS aneurysm monitoring service in Bristol for an appointment date for the scan, I was told “we don’t send out appointments so far in advance and we can’t tell you now when your appointment is”….

I asked for an appointment the latest 7 December as I will be going away. They said they expect to contact me by letter when they are doing the November appointments, so will try and fit me in.

I still have not had any luck in getting a blood test from my GP. Twice I asked and twice I have been refused despite having major surgery and my Haemoglobin being 9.5 post op - anaemic. I don’t fancy eating lots of liver!

A private blood test is £175 but it’s not right my GP keeps refusing me the blood tests. I have been with this practice for the past 4 years since moving from London and in all that time the practice has never given me a blood test.

When I complained about it the surgeon who did my operation in London, he said he will write a prescriptive letter to my GP to get him to allow me to have blood tests for anaemia and post op follow up. I am not hopeful

That's a bit worrying not giving you regular blood tests. I'd no idea a private blood test was so pricey It's the opposite with our doctor! that's usually the first thing he sets with the district nurse in the clinic.

Finally got through to the receptionist & a good job I did as they knew nowt about it even though Bolton sends out two letters, One for my records & one to my doctors records

Got an appointment on the 1st December & they've requested the hormone injection be in place from the clinics pharmacy on that date.

Some muscles in a roasted garlic butter sauce from ASDA with a prawn fried rice I made, bootiful if I say so meself