Notices

Old 11th October 2023, 09:21   #172091
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
had flu jab yesterday,left arm so painful I think the nurse must have stabbed me with a fork
Had the double yesterday, covid and flu. Feeling rather 2nd hand today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
Dr upped my statins dose a couple of weeks ago,every bone in my body now aches,apart from that everything else is fine
Took a long time to find a statin I could live with. The one I'm on (pravastatin) still has side effects but not nearly as bad as the others they tried me on.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2023, 11:40   #172092
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Rover and MG hospital club report:-
Rang doctor, No. 10 in queue, listen to Muzac for half an hour as the countdown to No. 1 takes place, finally get a human, who tells me that all the urgent appointments have gone but she can get me an appointment for th 26th October ! My response was pure Victor Meldrew......

"I don't believe it. The 26th of October? I just give up, I really do. Don't bother! Goodbye!"

She then said that I could go to the walk in clinic in Norwich! An hour's drive whilst you are feeling nauseous? No thank you. I'll take my chances with my body's own defense system.

I am feeling a tad better today so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Our health service is sadly lacking these days.
I am sorry to hear about your troubles with the GP

A similar experience.

In the week before my operation I needed to see the GP quickly. Whilst visiting my brother, one of his dogs jumped up on my lap and bit down onto my chest in a friendly and playful way, but made it sore and when I inspected the nipple I found a painful lump.

The GP receptionist classed the painful swelling as an emergency and put me down to be seen by any doctor, so I was seen by the GP within 2 days, by which time the lump had disappeared and dog teeth marks were bruises. It seems the receptionist’s categorise which patients get seen sooner according to the ailments or if as in my case an painful lump could be cancer and that was a priority.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2023, 11:50   #172093
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, Still with the rain here.

Morning Phil, Thank you, I have the same problem with residual pee left in the bladder, When I was doing those flow test & bladder scans the scan showed a certain % left in the bladder after I'd taken the flow test.

I've just completed the first day of my bladder diary & there's 350ml discrepancy in intake & output for yesterday.
Urology said if it gets any worse go to A+E to have a catheter fitted,, I think I'd sooner put up with it than spend 'X' amount of hours waiting there.

Sorry to hear you're mobility isn't too good as it must be uncomfortable shuffling about on crutches.
That's a bit of bad show from relatives not coming to see either of you after Jessica & yourself have gone through major operations. Nice to hear you have good friends to come & cheer you both up.

I'm taking my missus to an appointment shortly for a MRI scan, I'll have to get the wheelchair out for her as it's a long walk from the car park to the dept.
Hi Ian, my mobility is better today and I have been practicing walking using a stick instead of crutches.

In my 40’s I had retention of urine for several months and had to wear a bag for 6 months. It was life changing as I had been catheterised and wore a leg bag so I could work. It meant I could go down the pub at night after work, have a few drinks and not have to get up in the night. I was given a cystoscopy which widened the neck of the bladder and new tablets made the bladder work again. If you do need to be catheterised, it’s life changing not having to get up in the night.

Friends have just visited and the visit gave us a boost.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2023, 12:38   #172094
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

My job yesterday (taking it steady of course) was this Mk2 Jaguar for www.carandclassic.com

Mechanically sound and underneath in good fettle. Has surface rust bubbling up on the bottom of the doors and the boot though. Bright work is all good but is going to need some money spent on it before the rust takes hold.

Jaguar Mk2 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Old 11th October 2023, 12:50   #172095
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Lots of heavy rain & local flooding,We're getting what Scotland had the other day. Just back from Wrightington hospital with the missus & the rain water is already in the garage I came back the long way round using motorways as the towns are really slow going & the conditions are getting bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Ian, my mobility is better today and I have been practicing walking using a stick instead of crutches.

In my 40’s I had retention of urine for several months and had to wear a bag for 6 months. It was life changing as I had been catheterised and wore a leg bag so I could work. It meant I could go down the pub at night after work, have a few drinks and not have to get up in the night. I was given a cystoscopy which widened the neck of the bladder and new tablets made the bladder work again. If you do need to be catheterised, it’s life changing not having to get up in the night.

Friends have just visited and the visit gave us a boost.

Glad to hear the mobility has improved Phil The MRI screening my missus had at Wrightington was in one of those mobile units so no waiting room in them, I left my missus there & the wheelchair & came back later for her, Some kind soul had pushed the wheelchair outside in the heavy rain & the cushion was sodden

Lot of faffing about trying to get the car as near to the thing as possible to pick my missus up as everyone else had the same idea

I've had enough of hospitals this week but I've got two more appointments with my Mam & sister over the coming days & next week .

Cant get our covid & flu jabs done tomorrow as they've run out of the stuff yet again & stopped doing over 65's walk-in no appointments necessary anywhere local so we'll have to wait again. I think I'll have a cold apple juice to unwind.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2023, 15:44   #172096
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

It's finally stopped raining Loved that chilli cheese bread I made last week so I've just baked another chilli, cheese & black olive loaf
Smells bootiful. Going to make a Spanish omelette for tea tonight.

Cracking pic of the MKII Jag Jeff.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2023, 18:27   #172097
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Evening all.

Builder no.2 coming tomorrow afternoon.

Steak n chips with tinned toms for tea.

A glass or two of white wine this evening.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2023, 19:05   #172098
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening Bob and all, lashing down here tonight, sat now with a nice cuppa.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 12th October 2023, 06:32   #172099
coolcat
This is my second home

Morning peeps.

After all the lovely warm sun we have had the last few weeks Autumn returned last night with rain and cooler temperatures .
Rain forecast for most of the morning and tomorrow here.

Ros and I are off to Titchmarsh Marina this afternoon to reserve our new mooring for Lady Emma.

Not back at work till Sunday as I bumped some jobs on to next week. Trying to give the eye a bit of a rest and chance to recover.
Old 12th October 2023, 06:34   #172100
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
It's finally stopped raining Loved that chilli cheese bread I made last week so I've just baked another chilli, cheese & black olive loaf
Smells bootiful. Going to make a Spanish omelette for tea tonight.

Cracking pic of the MKII Jag Jeff.

Looks another cracking success Ian