Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th March 2019, 17:38   #331
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT,160 remap: owner since new in December 2002: Mileage: June22 143,000

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Hi all
Would anyone be interested in joining Trikey, Debz, Jan and myself for a long weekend in Holland in 2019 to visit the Best of British car show at Boxtel near Eindhoven and maybe meet up with a few of our European 75 and ZT owners.

Best of British show date confirmed as 22nd September 2019
So plan will be to travel to Holland via "le shuttle" AM Friday 20th September and return (again via the tunnel) PM Monday 23rd..

Cheers Ian

(20 cars)
actros
andy willi
Bri and Linda
Bluejon, Silvervixen and Jackie
bl52krz
Ched and Karen
Ceedy and Liz
charlie 22 and his better half
Coidy and Emily
elefsis
GordyB
Ian G & Jan G
Jules and Dawn
LotusLC
maxi_crawf
Rick-sta & Deanna
Shadomobile
Snetty and Deb
steve-45
Trikey & Bluebird

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.
I know from Brian and Andy that this event is now full, but should anyone have any reason to cancel, please let me know. My wife Jeanette and I would like to join everyone. Sounds a good event. The Rover has been to Arnheim in the long and distant past when we used to holiday in Holland with the kids, she's up for it too!
Rob
robbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 18:51   #332
andy willi
I really should get out more.......

PRE LAUNCH 75/ZT 190/XJ 550

hi all can we start up a list just in case anyone has to drop out , as some of us are getting older and sometimes family things get involved ,would it be a good idea to have some sort of list so others can keep the numbers up

andy
andy willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 19:16   #333
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy willi View Post
hi all can we start up a list just in case anyone has to drop out , as some of us are getting older and sometimes family things get involved ,would it be a good idea to have some sort of list so others can keep the numbers up

andy
I don't think there is need for another list Andy, otherwise there will be posts heading in all directions.
I have made a note of the interest from Rob and I suspect that I'd be the first to know if anyone drops out so I would advertise the availability on the thread and put any interested parties in touch.
However IF anyone does decide to withdraw there will be no refunds from me.
I offered travel insurance cover as an option but no one replied so I assume that everyone has appropriate cover for any loss etc.

Cheers

Last edited by Ian G; 17th March 2019 at 19:22..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 20:55   #334
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Evening Ian. I have had a look at De Ruwenberg Hotels Terms And Conditions, and it says that the credit card is required, I think as a guarantor of people turning up. It is not used unless don’t turn up. You can cancel one day before your due date if you can not get there. It also states that different conditions could apply for a ‘group booking’. I suppose they will give you the conditions when they get in touch with you.
Old 17th March 2019, 21:31   #335
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Evening Ian. I have had a look at De Ruwenberg Hotels Terms And Conditions, and it says that the credit card is required, I think as a guarantor of people turning up. It is not used unless don’t turn up. You can cancel one day before your due date if you can not get there. It also states that different conditions could apply for a ‘group booking’. I suppose they will give you the conditions when they get in touch with you.
Yes I'm aware of that but (without offering offence to anyone on here) I'm not about to put my card number against 19 other bookings.
I'll attempt to make contact via email again in the morning but it's all gone a bit quiet their end in the last couple of weeks.
Cheers
Old 17th March 2019, 23:41   #336
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

No Ian, I am not even thinking that you would. I would not either.I just thought that I would post this snippet of info up for everyone to see. I have given the number of my card to various hotels in advance for their reassurance on the booking.I also normally ‘open a tab’ with my card when we go for a meal for the drinks and meal. I then pay in cash, and given a receipt with nothing on to prove that you are not paying twice.. I can understand why this is done because I have heard people boasting about walking out and not paying for whatever they have had. I have done it for years at the Ibis hotel in Calais, given my card, not run away. This is just to put people’s mind at rest about using the card to reserve the room at the hotel. Do you think that is why they wanted a e.mail address for those going on the trip. Perhaps we will all get an e.mail explaining the process. No problem.

Last edited by bl52krz; 18th March 2019 at 09:36.. Reason: Given my card not run away to quantify bad grammar
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 08:31   #337
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

I can give my card for my stay in my name if needed, and yes you are right about your card.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 09:40   #338
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Could those people who are going on the Netherlands weekend please send me (via PM) an email address that I can pass onto the hotel.
Thanks Ian
All email address now received
I had just forwarded a list of all names along with the individual room requirements and email address to the hotel.
I'll let you know when I receive a reply.
Cheers Ian
Old 18th March 2019, 21:18   #339
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Default Meeting

Hello fellow members,

As mentioned before I will pay you all a vist here in the Netherlands with the meeting. Looking forward to that. I wonder if it would be appreciated if I would try to arange that, together with me, some other club members of the Dutch MG Roverclub will join too. Just an idea?

Kind regards from the other side of the channel,

Emiel.
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 21:31   #340
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azur View Post
Hello fellow members,

As mentioned before I will pay you all a vist here in the Netherlands with the meeting. Looking forward to that. I wonder if it would be appreciated if I would try to arange that, together with me, some other club members of the Dutch MG Roverclub will join too. Just an idea?

Kind regards from the other side of the channel,

Emiel.

Sounds good to me Look forward to meeting you guys.