Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th February 2021, 21:36   #11
billh
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

I bought one of these similar to the OPs when I was having battery trouble a couple of years ago. Started the car ok until I bought a new battery.
Since then , I did a little experiment- I connected the unit to a Kubota 3 cylinder diesel (about 1litre) but WITHOUT the starter battery connected. The device ran the heater plugs for about 30secs, then started the engine, an amazing amount of power from something the size of a pocket transistor radio!
A great device to get you out of trouble.
billh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2021, 21:58   #12
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Yup thanks for that, I did fully charge the battery just a month ago for about 12 hours or so until it indicated fully charged on all the indicators on the unit.
as I don't have a garage and the end has to go through the letterbox to the car outside leaving it on 24 hours is a bit of a challenge.

The battery is a Yuasa silver, supposedly top model and its a bit disappointing that it had run flat ( started up today OK).

My mileage is down to next to nothing at the moment due to obvious reasons with just the odd pop to the local supermarket less half a mile away, no long runs. I've fired up the FBH a couple of times when doing so and I have noticed in the past as well whenever that is done is does seem to drain the battery.

It doesn't really matter normally when doing my normal mileage on trips but is clearly affecting the battery at the moment.
I can tell from your post that your battery has never really been fully charged. ( 12 hours is nowhere near enough. )

Don't be disappointed with your battery as it's lacking some TLC from you.----

When you turn on those various items with the engine at least ticking over NO current is being drawn from your battery. The alternator will be taking the load.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote