Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th September 2020, 17:47   #1
harrisop48
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer Club CDTi 2.0 2002 Royal Blue Paint JFM Trim LBB

Thanked 1,043 Times in 364 Posts
Default Severe Senior Moment.

Registered 6 on the Richter Scale. Had a successful meet Sunday at Frimley with 27 peeps and 19 cars. Paid for Brekkie on my card. Walk round Ruislip Lido (1.75M) Monday morning. Rode to Chalfont St Giles and back (27M) Tuesday morning. Painted 6Ft Meshed Garden Gate in the afternoon. Received a call from "Amazon" did we make £500 purchase. Decided it was a sham call.
Then Wednesday the day from hell!!! Could not find my metal Debit Card case with £20, Barclays, Nationwide Debit Cards and Freedom Bus Pass. PANIC!!!!
Searched house high and low and inside the car, including puffer jacket.
Looked on Barclays Website says get an App on your phone. Not for me thanks.
Unable to open Internet Banking as no card. Contact us by phone. Customer Service took 30 minutes to answer. Steam coming out of my ears, answered all security questions then what is Account Number and Sort Code?
LOST MY FLIPPING CARD!!!
Cannot access Internet Banking. EUREKLA!!! Have you got a Cheque Book. Yes in a Briefcase buried under the stairs. Please advise MB number and we will send unique number you can quote back (proving who I am) Finally they cancelled my card. New card to arrive Thursday. PHEW!!!! Thank God for Blood Pressure pills.
Nationwide totally different, dedicated Lost Card Number, took 4 minutes to answer all resolved within total 9 minutes. JOB DONE!!! New card to arrive Tuesday. (Rarely use it so no real issue)
SWMBO suggested I look in the boot, somewhere I had not checked.
Lightweight jacket checked, something heavy in pocket, VOILA Metal Card case.
Then I remembered I was in danger of losing my shorts with all the heavy objects, transferred to light jacket, then taken off and left in boot.
Total memory blank. Severe Senior Moment at 72 years old. Going to be down hill from now.

Last edited by harrisop48; 8th September 2020 at 17:52..
harrisop48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2020, 18:10   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisop48 View Post
Registered 6 on the Richter Scale. Had a successful meet Sunday at Frimley with 27 peeps and 19 cars. Paid for Brekkie on my card. Walk round Ruislip Lido (1.75M) Monday morning. Rode to Chalfont St Giles and back (27M) Tuesday morning. Painted 6Ft Meshed Garden Gate in the afternoon. Received a call from "Amazon" did we make £500 purchase. Decided it was a sham call.
Then Wednesday the day from hell!!! Could not find my metal Debit Card case with £20, Barclays, Nationwide Debit Cards and Freedom Bus Pass. PANIC!!!!
Searched house high and low and inside the car, including puffer jacket.
Looked on Barclays Website says get an App on your phone. Not for me thanks.
Unable to open Internet Banking as no card. Contact us by phone. Customer Service took 30 minutes to answer. Steam coming out of my ears, answered all security questions then what is Account Number and Sort Code?
LOST MY FLIPPING CARD!!!
Cannot access Internet Banking. EUREKLA!!! Have you got a Cheque Book. Yes in a Briefcase buried under the stairs. Please advise MB number and we will send unique number you can quote back (proving who I am) Finally they cancelled my card. New card to arrive Thursday. PHEW!!!! Thank God for Blood Pressure pills.
Nationwide totally different, dedicated Lost Card Number, took 4 minutes to answer all resolved within total 9 minutes. JOB DONE!!! New card to arrive Tuesday. (Rarely use it so no real issue)
SWMBO suggested I look in the boot, somewhere I had not checked.
Lightweight jacket checked, something heavy in pocket, VOILA Metal Card case.
Then I remembered I was in danger of losing my shorts with all the heavy objects, transferred to light jacket, then taken off and left in boot.
Total memory blank. Severe Senior Moment at 72 years old. Going to be down hill from now.
Been there and got the t shirt. At least if it’s going downhill at least you can coast most of the way.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2020, 19:04   #3
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

So, you didn't lose it but put it somewhere safe, not so bad but glad it's sorted and you've not been scammed. Women can be quite intuitive.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2020, 21:22   #4
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Glad you found it Peter......

.... can you ask your wife where my flippin' spare garage key is .... can't find it anywhere!

Thanks for a great meeting on Sunday .... hope to see you next month.

Kind regards

John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2020, 07:48   #5
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Hi Pete congratulations on your mini get togethers wish we could attend being so far away.
Cant find my glasses, Dawn replies they are on top of your head,

Just going into the garage to get a screw driver, get there, cant remember what I came for.

Loads of little classics like that.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2020, 11:26   #6
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Even better, you pick up the screw driver, enroute to where you want to use it, you put it down in a moment of distraction, it just vanishes!

We all have our gremlins who hide things.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2020, 14:27   #7
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Whilst you were looking for your lost stuff, did you find my hose fitting, which I have put somewhere safe? (I can remember slipping it into the top of a small box for use later!). All small boxes have been checked and I have found allsorts but not the hose fitting! Join the club matey! Keep smiling!
Old 9th September 2020, 16:56   #8
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Honestly Peter, all this "senior moment" stuff is just rubbish. You'll be saying you've forgotten your promise to pay for all the breakfasts at The Ugly Duckling next

Well, it has to be worth a try

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote