Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th January 2018, 12:28   #1
Stephen wade
Avid contributor

MGZT 190+

Unhappy MGZT V6 misfire at low revs

Hi need advice I went out in my ZT V6 and all was running fine then when I was parked up on tic over the engine started to sound as it was missing a little and the rev needle was going up/down and when I went to pull off it started to like miss but once it got to 2000 revs it seems to be totally fine I’ve checked plugs and all connectors / connections and all seems ok got over qrt tank of fuel it’s never done it before can anybody plz help or know what it might be many Thanks in advance....
Stephen wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 08:02   #2
goofysth
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen wade View Post
Hi need advice I went out in my ZT V6 and all was running fine then when I was parked up on tic over the engine started to sound as it was missing a little and the rev needle was going up/down and when I went to pull off it started to like miss but once it got to 2000 revs it seems to be totally fine I’ve checked plugs and all connectors / connections and all seems ok got over qrt tank of fuel it’s never done it before can anybody plz help or know what it might be many Thanks in advance....
Connect some OBD reader with live data. You should easily chase the one that is missfiring... I think TOAF does not support the live data for KV6, but i am not sure.

I had that trouble on my previous car and everytime it was just a cable, not the coil. Also, check the spark plugs, maybe it's replacement time...
goofysth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 17:24   #3
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

You say you have checked the plugs. Do you mean those important plug GAPS ??
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 11:44   #4
Stephen wade
Avid contributor

MGZT 190+

Unhappy V6 misfire

I’ve been out in the car today since it started to misfire and it drove perfect until the temp reached its half way mark and it started to misfire again but as soon as I go over 2500/3000 revs it goes fine again this is baffling me hope somebody can help me as I’m not totally clued up yet on these zt’s lol many Thanks
Stephen wade is offline   Reply With Quote