Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th January 2018, 10:44   #1
pevil
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Manual, Club

Default Front end damage

Hit a badger on the way home last night, had a look this morning and it's done quiet a bit of damage, 50 mph impact, car will require a complete bumper, under tray, 2 speed fan, condenser and radiator, pushed everything back and she's sat on the drive leaking anti-freeze, everything else looks ok.
If anyone knows where I can get a bumper in MUM please let me know, can't see anything on the bay at the moment, other stuff I should be able to find I think.

Cheers

Peter
Mods; Plenum checked-cleared and modded (spy-hole) - Leather handbrake grip fitted - Walnut gear knob fitted - C panel badges fitted - Bonnet catches greased - Stainless bolts fitted to front bumper - Digital temp gauge fitted.
pevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 10:48   #2
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I'd contact the traders directly. I've found that works better than an ad in the wanted section.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 11:32   #3
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pevil View Post
Hit a badger on the way home last night, had a look this morning and it's done quiet a bit of damage, 50 mph impact, car will require a complete bumper, under tray, 2 speed fan, condenser and radiator, pushed everything back and she's sat on the drive leaking anti-freeze, everything else looks ok.
If anyone knows where I can get a bumper in MUM please let me know, can't see anything on the bay at the moment, other stuff I should be able to find I think.

Cheers

Peter
be aware that if it is dripping anti-freeze that it is poisonous to animals who may be attracted to it - cats etc. so I would make sure there is something to catch the drips or it's washed away
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 08:57   #4
pevil
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Manual, Club

I'll try contacting traders but to be honest I don't know what to do with the car at the moment, my wife is in hospital with a brain tumour and paralysed on her right side after a needle biopsy caused a bleed, she's had radiotherapy and will be coming home in two or three weeks hopefully, if she can't get walking I'm thinking I may need a mobility vehicle so spending £300 or more fixing the car wouldn't be worth it, I wouldn't get it back, plus I just don't have the time right now to do it, I've some hard decisions to make, life has been turned on it's head!
Mods; Plenum checked-cleared and modded (spy-hole) - Leather handbrake grip fitted - Walnut gear knob fitted - C panel badges fitted - Bonnet catches greased - Stainless bolts fitted to front bumper - Digital temp gauge fitted.
pevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 18:03   #5
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi, Peter, I would find a temporary, cheap replacement car for £500 or under, - my vote would be a well maintained, high mileage 1.4 Civic - bullet-proof engine and electrics. Try Spares 24/7 online for parts - you'll get several quotes back from breakers around the country within a couple of days. You might also ask on here for parts or local help as many have donor vehicles. I hope things work out for you and your wife, keep us posted, and keep asking for advice/opinions.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote