Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th January 2023, 23:35   #14071
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by autolantic View Post
.... That's actually the only thing that really scares me 'bout my 75: Bonnet cable issue... In case there's a real once-for-all-times-safe-how-to-solution here on the forum, please give me a hint!
Flip the box the other way around and attach cable ties to either end.
Old 28th January 2023, 12:58   #14072
Matt_75
Gets stuck in

75 Saloon

Went to pick up a set of Serpent alloys. Was a 200 mile round trip and again, the 1.8 didn't miss a beat and was extremely comfortable. The seller was only 3 miles from the Longbridge factory. I know it's a Cowley built car, but I had to get a photo.

Having done the best part of a 1000 miles in the last 2 weeks, the car desperately needs a wash!
Matt_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2023, 13:28   #14073
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Took Banana for a run, then home so she could have a good wash. Now parked in her usual place, and having a nap.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2023, 17:55   #14074
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon / Rover 75 Tourer / MG ZT-T+ (180)

Default Tourer trekking

In the last two days I’ve been collecting parts for my Tourer as part of my reversal of Project Drive.

Thursday 26th: 16 mile round trip to collect a grey driver’s grab handle from a local gentleman who is breaking a 75. Installed it myself upon my return. £5 charity donation to NSPCC.

Friday 27th January: 46 mile round trip to collect a 2001 Tourer rear seat in Ash grey with the double smokestone grey piping. Cost £10 this will replace the single piped seat in the rear of my 02’ Tourer. Purchased off ebay & installed upon my return home.

Messaged a local facebook seller who is selling a full 2001 Ash Grey saloon leather interior asking for just the front seats. No reply, might bite the bullet & buy the full set & just sell off rear seats. Good condition & only in the neighbouring village so saves petrol.

Saturday 28th January: 70 mile round trip to a breakers yard with a Y-reg Tourer (2001) in the hopes of securing the chrome luggage clips & the plastic boot finisher latch (deleted August 02’) but the car has already been stripped of the PPD stuff so it was a wasted trip taken on the off chance. Consoled myself with a stop at a favoured tea rooms on the return way home that is over that way.

Tomorrow Sunday 29th January: I will take my 75 saloon out for it’s weekly run to my preferred city centre tearooms. It’s in its winter semi hibernation until the show season starts in spring.

In the last few weeks of January I have installed a wood/chrome gear shifter, replaced the blown cigarette lighter fuse, repaired the driver’s internal door handle chrome surround & took the car to have a slow leaking tyre valve repaired.

All minor things to the veterans on here but stuff that until recently I never would of dreamed of tackling myself. All self taught from these very forums, asking on the facebook 75 groups & watching YouTube videos. By far the hardest was the gear shifter which required the strength of the Hulk combined with sly cunning. The tactic (recommended by one humous post on these forums) of sneaking up & taking it by surprise was the one that actually worked!

I have tried & failed to get the heated seats working & will not be attempting to install the ‘new’ front seats myself but have earmarked them for my local 75 mechanic along with hopes that the new seats have working heating elements or the process of installation will wiggle some wires & get them working again. The green lights are working so I believe it has a power circuit.
Mattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2023, 21:32   #14075
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default fan Tested T4

Washed both the R40 tourer and the FL2 today has it was quite mild, then tested a four wire three speed fan on the T4 through all it's speeds, after it had the brushed changed out, and the motor cleaned worked a treat.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2023, 21:34   #14076
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

The postman brought me a Mini handbrake compensator for my ZT-T so now
I will have to get up the motivation to tackle that job.
I also managed to find a boot floor lift piston and mount to replace the missing assembly in my car but the deal went sour when the seller insisted that the only postal rate available to Canada was Express which cost 75 quid. I checked the Royal Mail site and regular international parcel was 22.50 which was more like it. Couldn't convince him it was an option though so I will have to keep looking.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 30th January 2023 at 23:00..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2023, 10:28   #14077
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Didn't do anything to the Beemer, due to contracting Covid.

Very annoying.
Old 2nd February 2023, 14:16   #14078
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Bath time

Lagetha went to the car-wash today for a quick scrub up, ready for tonight's NW regional social meeting at The Cat And Lion... Looking a lot better now!

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2023, 22:39   #14079
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Today I got stuck in and made good progress on the Mini handbrake compensator mod for my ZT-T. Things went well considering it's a job for a gynacologist. My hands made a blood donation to the ZT gods.
I decided to leave the seats in which made it a bit more awkward but still do-able. The Mini compensator is now in place and all that is left for tomorrow is adjusting the handbrake at the wheels and putting the console and assorted bits and pieces back together.
One other thing, while doing the job I discovered how to lower the driver's seat. (It only took 3 years of ZT ownership to finally notice the height adjustment lever! )
The Mini compensator peeking out from it's new home. It's so much simpler than the original compensator it makes you wonder why MGR/BMW didn't go with this type in the first place.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 6th February 2023 at 22:51..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2023, 19:18   #14080
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Spent a good hour or two with the wire brush on the bottom of the offside sill. I knew the ends were bad and in need of replacing/welding but didnt expect to find a 70-80cm long piece of rusty steel that had been welded on by a previous owner over the sill remains and now was very holey and hanging off (the car has been on our drive for almost 2 years needing welding). I got a MIG welder for xmas with intention of my son-in-law teaching me basic welding techniques but the job is going to bigger than previously expected!! I'm in no hurry but the Scottish roads havent been very kind to the bottom of the sills but I hope the sill panel ordered yesterday will be sufficient, together with some of Tom's other sill parts bought last year. (above the sills, its in great condition!!)
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote