Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st October 2018, 09:21   #8571
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
An oil burner is what you need for that car

Funny you should say that...

The blue one on the left is a diesel auto with all the toys fitted 😎
Old 1st October 2018, 12:31   #8572
Swordjo

MG ZT 190+

Sunroof drains.. now the wait for the passenger carpet to dry. Seems to have been the terrible weather we had a couple of weeks back. Was only the one in the glovebox which was leaking but have sorted them all.
Swordjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2018, 13:13   #8573
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordjo View Post
Sunroof drains.. now the wait for the passenger carpet to dry. Seems to have been the terrible weather we had a couple of weeks back. Was only the one in the glovebox which was leaking but have sorted them all.
HI Jonathan
You are not on your own Mark a member is in the same position as you waiting on the carpet, you will only two of many over the next coming months when the weather catches a few owners out, the build up of water can take place over a few years then all of a sudden the carpet will take no more and shows it's swimming pool

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=118622

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2018, 17:54   #8574
Swordjo

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
HI Jonathan
You are not on your own Mark a member is in the same position as you waiting on the carpet, you will only two of many over the next coming months when the weather catches a few owners out, the build up of water can take place over a few years then all of a sudden the carpet will take no more and shows it's swimming pool

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=118622
Yeah i'm sure many will be caught out! Glad it didn't happen mid winter as that would have been a night mare. Thankfully I have a garage, dehumidifier and some industrial anti-mould chemicals as the smell wasn't overly pleasant!
Old 1st October 2018, 18:18   #8575
Copilot
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Yeah i'm sure many will be caught out! Glad it didn't happen mid winter as that would have been a night mare. Thankfully I have a garage, dehumidifier and some industrial anti-mould chemicals as the smell wasn't overly pleasant!
That's great to have a garage and dehumidifier. Then you are able to remove the carpet, clean it and remove all the moisture. Having a nice and clean carpet makes a big difference in the interior.

Unfortunately, mine has a wet carpet once the previous owner neglected the car (not only on this particular problem) and without garage and good weather, I need to wait until the next summer to do the job.
Old 1st October 2018, 18:28   #8576
Swordjo

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copilot View Post
That's great to have a garage and dehumidifier. Then you are able to remove the carpet, clean it and remove all the moisture. Having a nice and clean carpet makes a big difference in the interior.

Unfortunately, mine has a wet carpet once the previous owner neglected the car (not only on this particular problem) and without garage and good weather, I need to wait until the next summer to do the job.
It was the smell that was getting to me more than the steamy windows so it had to be done! It was "only" the passenger side of mine which was wet. I lifted the whole passenger side initially and wet vac'd the small amount of water which was there out and then laid towels down under the carpet, placed weights on top to try and squeeze as much out. To be honest with you, a couple of weeks of doing this would have sorted mine as it wasn't too bad, but thought i might aswell got the whole hog due to having a 2nd car and the space to take it out to dry. Might be an idea for you to try that for a few weeks.

Baking soda on the top of the carpet helps neutralise any smells in the mean time too!
Old 1st October 2018, 18:49   #8577
Copilot
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
It was the smell that was getting to me more than the steamy windows so it had to be done! It was "only" the passenger side of mine which was wet. I lifted the whole passenger side initially and wet vac'd the small amount of water which was there out and then laid towels down under the carpet, placed weights on top to try and squeeze as much out. To be honest with you, a couple of weeks of doing this would have sorted mine as it wasn't too bad, but thought i might aswell got the whole hog due to having a 2nd car and the space to take it out to dry. Might be an idea for you to try that for a few weeks.

Baking soda on the top of the carpet helps neutralise any smells in the mean time too!
That's a good idea actually. Mine does not have any smell at all but that moisture definitely needs to be drained.
And the old trick of using baking soda is really effective.
Mine has a wet carpet in the rear passenger on driver's side.

Another effect was the airbag warning light is now turned on after doing a curve with more speed I guess... yeah the sensors
Old 2nd October 2018, 17:44   #8578
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Another year's MOT and no advisories. Having only covered 1,200 miles since the last one probably helps. Had good company, a Daimler 250 V8 in for ignition problems.

vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2018, 18:30   #8579
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Yes. I had one of those Daimler’s back in the 70s. Lovely motor,very comfortable .
Old 2nd October 2018, 19:50   #8580
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
Another year's MOT and no advisories. Having only covered 1,200 miles since the last one probably helps. Had good company, a Daimler 250 V8 in for ignition problems.

Ignition problems on a Daimler hemi! Probably the easiest engine to get running ever (And one of my favourites)