Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th September 2021, 08:07   #1
JefferiesFarnol
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Default CDp Error Message

(Reposted from technical section)

I have the Iovox CD-80 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=79121) in my car and a couple of times recently after changing the CD it had needed the code put in again. The only trouble there was that the numbered buttons on the front weren't responding. I took the face off the radio and sprayed some contact cleaner and clicked them a few times which fixed the unresponsive buttons but then I had another problem: it would show the CDp Error message and not play any CDs from the front when it previously had done.

In the process of trying to fix that, I pressed the reset button on the back which lost all power to the head unit for a while but then it came back on again randomly (After I'd spent about half an hour messing about with the fuses).

As the situation stands now I can still play CDs from the changer but not the front player which still shows the CDp Error message. My guess it that the drive bay is not spinning. Has anyone encountered this before?
JefferiesFarnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 14:31   #2
JefferiesFarnol
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

You'll be pleased to read that I have fixed the problem. The disc was indeed not spinning so I took the cover off the CD drive and saw that it was not being pulled in all the way. I pushed it in fully and eventually it read the disc; then after ejecting and inserting a few more times it seems to be back in business!

If I had some, I might have put some rubber restorer on the rollers as I imagine they may be slipping and messing up the loading sequence. If it happens again then I think I'll try that but hopefully it was just a flash in the pan.

Hopefully this may help anyone else who gets the same error!
JefferiesFarnol is offline   Reply With Quote