Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th August 2023, 22:13   #1
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Default CDTI injector clamp nut torque + availibility of clamp studs.

Evening all, a couple of questions:

1) What is the torque setting for the diesel injector clamp nut, 15nm appears at the back of my mind.?

2) Are the clamp studs available, and where from ?

The story behind the questions, the 05 tourer has developed a slight vibration at idle, which became more noticeable at 2,000 revs in neutral when I was conducting a charging test, added to which the exhaust has a more pronounced smell and faint white, grey smoke suggesting unburnt fuel.

I did a quick spill test which showed two cylinders reasonable, one a little higher and the other higher still, I decided to replace all four with new, and after giving them a good soaking with PlusGas over a couple of days they came out without much of a fight.

Whilst cleaning up the area before re-assembly, I noticed the nuts on number 1 were mauled about a bit, the other 3 cyl's nuts were all OK, also one stud on number 1 has seriously damaged threads, the second stud isn't much better, all this suggests that number one has been worked on / changed in the past, but thankfully the copper washer shows no sign of leakage.

I removed the worst stud from the head to check that the lower stud threads and the threads in the head were all OK which they are.

Thanks in anticipation for any answers.

Cheers.
Old 15th August 2023, 07:31   #2
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

What is the length and diameter?

Is there anything unusual about it, or would a generic part fit?

I would imagine it would be available from a BMW dealer if you can’t use anything else.
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote