Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th October 2019, 18:45   #11
chicochapman
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

This was my solution - just depends on what you happen to have lying about.
I made the clips from from some spring steel strips which had once re-inforced the windscreen wiper blade on a 1966 MG midget and glued them in with Araldite,

I
chicochapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 18:57   #12
350zwelgje
Avid contributor

75 KV6 2.5 3x Rover 75 CDT

I just put the complete assembly back in the sealing as a temporary solution (now for over serveral years on 4x 75s). If it drops, we put it back up. Simple as that.

Third rear brake light, sort of the the same thing: they will drop. Can be glued back and all cars are fine at the moment.

Wasn't there a fix to put self-tapers in as a replacement for the failing plastic lugs? Was planning to do that one nice summerday and nothing else to do... Summer has passed and had many things to do (distribution KV6, maintenaince, enjoying driving, etc... everything got in the way!)

Rob
Old 25th October 2019, 21:29   #13
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zwelgje View Post
I just put the complete assembly back in the sealing as a temporary solution (now for over serveral years on 4x 75s). If it drops, we put it back up. Simple as that.

Third rear brake light, sort of the the same thing: they will drop. Can be glued back and all cars are fine at the moment.

Wasn't there a fix to put self-tapers in as a replacement for the failing plastic lugs? Was planning to do that one nice summerday and nothing else to do... Summer has passed and had many things to do (distribution KV6, maintenaince, enjoying driving, etc... everything got in the way!)

Rob
Life's a Bitch.------
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2022, 14:03   #14
Simulator
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default Dangling lights

Apparently a common fault with the plastic lugs breaking. The lugs on mine completely disintegrated and were of no use, so here was my solution.
I purchased a nice bottle of wine ensuring it had a cork and not a screw top, having first drunk the wine I salvaged the cork and using a stanley knife fashioned two 'L' shaped lugs and stuck them in place using 'gorilla glue' in the position the plastic lugs were. It took me a couple of attempts as I was a bit pickled. The result is a strong fixture and a saving of about £50-60. my light is also beige and not readily available. Hope this helps.
Simulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2022, 15:00   #15
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Made some 3d printed repair bits for this.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote