Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th May 2020, 06:55   #11
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

No, I won't be back yet - if ever. My boss announced shortly after Boris that there is no work to go back to. If orders don't start coming in I see redundancies on the cards. My oss was also concerned by the lack of clarity on health and safety, PPE etc. It's a mess.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 07:30   #12
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Hi, just listened to Rab, he seemed to be saying that you should go back to work on Wednesday, not today as BoJo said.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 08:18   #13
Dawn

MG ZT 180+ auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Hi, just listened to Rab, he seemed to be saying that you should go back to work on Wednesday, not today as BoJo said.

It's okay saying it, but companies don't have the work.
Old 11th May 2020, 08:29   #14
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Get people back to work,then Gov don't have to pay Furlough payments,thats what it all about .

As from Wednesday people will be going mad,everywhere gridlocked,but the garages will see fuel being purchased again,then the price can go back up.

Total Chaos ahead

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 08:44   #15
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Yes, not a lot of work for my sons construction company. To be fair to the government they are in a horrendous position, the economy has to be restarted.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 08:51   #16
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Get people back to work,then Gov don't have to pay Furlough payments,thats what it all about .

As from Wednesday people will be going mad,everywhere gridlocked,but the garages will see fuel being purchased again,then the price can go back up.

Total Chaos ahead
This is exactly it, economical reasons only. The Lake District is one of the areas with the most cases but as of Wednesday you can drive here and go for a walk with your family, and thousands and thousands of others will be doing the same! Scotland, Wales and Ireland are saying stay at home and yet Boris thinks we’re ok to start going back to normal, it’s madness! No mention of parliament going back to work.....

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 11th May 2020 at 09:23..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 08:55   #17
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Iv worked like so many others through it all. So today is just th same as it as ever been. Feeling expendable isn't a good feeling though. But without doubt its those without PPE and there patients Im in praise of th most. Thank you for been there for others. You are my angels...
Old 11th May 2020, 09:07   #18
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

My company directors have been chomping at the bit to get us all back.I work for a furniture retailer in one of their warehouses ..They have a small online sales .but most business is generated from the stores.They started selling clearance stock online and de furloughed a number of staff ,incluing delivery drivers to do kerbside delivery..But they seem to want to open the shops and get back to full operation despite the possible health implications.The distance aspect cannot really be impose when you are lifting heavy chairs and furniture , but this has been dismissed because the staff can use a cheap facemask and latex gloves..It s a clear case of the owner worrying about the profit rather than the staff.

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 09:53   #19
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I'd love to go back to work, however most of my customers are still shut.

Why on earth we didn't adopt the Swedish model is beyond me, and it should be up to individuals to make their own risk assessments as to whether they would feel safe personally returning to work.

If you judge your own safety and that of others around you not to be compromised by working, then you should be allowed to work, equally if you feel uncomfortable working, then you should not be coerced by an employer to return before this is addressed.

That is not to say that people who simply "swing the lead" should be allowed to make this as an excuse not to work, and it's quite easy to differentiate between the two, it works both ways.

I've been fortunate by having been in the position of both a shop floor employee, a manager, and latterly self employed....... medium to large organisations organisations have HR departments who could easily interview their staff informally to weed out the wasters from the people with genuine anxiety issues, and most small employers will know their staff well enough to judge too.

Sadly it doesn't really matter if this is allowed to continue for much longer, the bribery currently offered by the government to keep people at home won't matter a jot, as businesses that are "closed" for greater than three months, rarely if ever reopen.

So what are other people's thoughts on the matter?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 10:03   #20
Dawn

MG ZT 180+ auto

My company never closed as they've been doing medical stuff - but that doesn't support the majority of us. A lot is automotive, and a lot for Harry Masons which is brewery related and going nowhere yet. The Toyota jobs don't need operators, and I don't think JCB are up and running yet so....not good.

Another worry is that they have streamlined somewhat without us, and I think it will make them look at do they really need us all back? Maybe I am just paranoid, but I just have this "feeling" that this isn't going to end well for some of the employees where I am.