Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th May 2021, 09:12   #11
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

As I have said many times before, I like the ease of these waterless products, and have used a number of different ones. Have found no paint degradation over 4 years (so far), and they do remove bird deposits and fill in swirls. My favourite also retains beading for about 6 weeks, which is longer than Autoglym Super Resin!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2021, 20:43   #12
johnnyjazz1954
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

As Creedy says works for me also

John

works great on the shower glass and chrome, water and soap just bead off and lasts ages....

Last edited by johnnyjazz1954; 25th May 2021 at 21:10..
johnnyjazz1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2021, 06:33   #13
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Same here , use it on the shower, and keeps the glass streak free .

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjazz1954 View Post
As Creedy says works for me also

John

works great on the shower glass and chrome, water and soap just bead off and lasts ages....
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2021, 21:54   #14
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

If it works well on shower glass then it might work on all glass. How about using it purely as a glass cleaner, anybody tried it on a windscreen? If it works good on all glass and lasts a few weeks in beading water then I might try my Aldi waterless cleaner on the rear upper windows of the house - a window cleaner does all at the front every couple of weeks weather permitting.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2021, 16:20   #15
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
If it works well on shower glass then it might work on all glass. How about using it purely as a glass cleaner, anybody tried it on a windscreen? If it works good on all glass and lasts a few weeks in beading water then I might try my Aldi waterless cleaner on the rear upper windows of the house - a window cleaner does all at the front every couple of weeks weather permitting.

Well a couple of weeks later and my car is still absolutely sparkling in the sunshine with rainwater beading off the paintwork like a good un compared with all the neighbours cars. Just got the neighbours complaining now because the glare reflecting off my car is starting to melt their UPVC window frames.

The guy doing the demo that I watched pointed out that motoring organisations say that these sort of products should not be used on a windscreen because they can cause glare at night.

Rather than spray the product onto the windscreen he then put a small amount onto a cloth and cleaned the windscreen before rubbing the very slight residue off. I did the same and the windscreen is spotless and not a hint of glare during night time driving but to do the same would be a decision for yourselves of course.

I did the rest of the glass on the car inside and out the same and all the glass is as clear as a mountain stream. Did the glass shower panel in my bathroom and that is still spotless as well. Also the plastic dash and black trims inside the car, again spotless. I always find the textured sandstone colour plastic trim around the handbrake and gear knob hard to get clean and keep clean, sorted that out no problem as well.

Did my UPVC window frames and downstairs house window glass as the demo recommended and suggested, and all are spotless and gleaming as well.

As mentioned I have used two or three of these sort of products over the years and to be fair all have done a decent enough job which I have been happy with but I would have no hesitation is saying that the Carshark stuff has been the most impressive in my experience and subjective view, it also seems much easier to wipe on and wipe off to the shine finish (fairly effortless actually) than any of the others and and no white residue patches to tut over and wipe off over the next few days.

Edit*

Forgot to add, just for the odd one or two of you were in any doubt that I've gone carshark mad.

Computer screen..its bright as a button and the dust that seemed to be constantly drawn like a magnet to it which was a pain in the backside has kept completely off since a quick wipe over two weeks ago

Last edited by bendrick; 6th June 2021 at 18:34..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2021, 20:54   #16
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Another convert. Just been out and done my KV6 with Williams Waterless Wash. Tried it on the boot lid first. Amazed at the results, so carried on and did the lot, all except the roof. The saving in time was fantastic. I only thought I would do the boot lid as a trial, but the results were so good, I carried on. I was given the Williams Waterless Wash by a friend who I had given some help with something I can not remember what it was, around Three years ago, so thanks Harry, it eventually came in useful.
Old 6th June 2021, 22:18   #17
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

I've used the showroom shine waterless wash and it's good when your car is reasonably clean for the paintwork and glass. The problem being after bad weather it's no use whatsoever for cleaning the plastics of the scuttle panel, your tyres or mud off the wing liners and calipers etc. It might hide the swirls by being a filler but by dragging the dust and dirt across the paintwork it just disguises the scratches it's putting in.
Take a look under artificial light at a fuel station on a dark evening and you'll see the damage you've done to your paintwork.
Old 7th June 2021, 12:01   #18
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
I've used the showroom shine waterless wash and it's good when your car is reasonably clean for the paintwork and glass. The problem being after bad weather it's no use whatsoever for cleaning the plastics of the scuttle panel, your tyres or mud off the wing liners and calipers etc. It might hide the swirls by being a filler but by dragging the dust and dirt across the paintwork it just disguises the scratches it's putting in.
Take a look under artificial light at a fuel station on a dark evening and you'll see the damage you've done to your paintwork.
That's a very salient point if you've noticed it, must confess that I certainly haven't and don't on the 18 year old paintwork on my car which has the odd mark here and there from 18 years of road use.

It's of course all a personal choice and what each owner is happy with.

One huge benefit for me is that when I've noticed a bit of bird muck or other minor dirt mark on the car I've wiped the entire car over inside 3 to 4 minutes with a quick wipe over with a microfibre cloth with a tiny drop of the polish on it as an interim measure and the whole car is back sparkling again due to the wax already on the paintwork presumably.

Previously I've waited days ( or even weeks) for the big wash down Morrisons jet wash or the car washing machine. Now it's a quick wipe over in between a more detailed clean.

No hint of swirls or grit marks cause by such wiping, I don't get the microscope out to be honest but to my naked eye it looks great, others might well have alternative views good or bad.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2021, 16:41   #19
GaryGee
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

I use showroom shine but only on dusty car at worst, lovely and easy to apply and polish off
Use it on glass, works a bit like rainX
Never used it on filthy car and ZS always gets decent polish

TBH these products tend to be quite creamy, if washing with water + shampoo then you’re using something with consistency of water. You’d kind of expect the creamy nature to be kinder

Last edited by GaryGee; 7th June 2021 at 16:44..
GaryGee is offline   Reply With Quote