Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd July 2021, 09:07   #11
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
.....For what its worth our settee is 18ft from the TV......

macafee2
Blimey, a mansion! I'd have to go into another room to be 18ft away from my TV.

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:08   #12
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Horses for courses if you have the room but for most pre-war semis and smaller properties I would not be keen myself. Same with double-bed size fridge freezers, my sister swears by them but it is used in the main for just her and her husband. Ok when family visit but I tend to think that a lot of stuff is bought just to fill it and subsequently gets slung. Her 52" tv fills the bay of her lounge blocking most of the light and I think she might be on her 3rd expensive Samsung. Not by choice I might add but for reasons of Samsung tv failures.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 13:45   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Horses for courses if you have the room but for most pre-war semis and smaller properties I would not be keen myself. Same with double-bed size fridge freezers, my sister swears by them but it is used in the main for just her and her husband. Ok when family visit but I tend to think that a lot of stuff is bought just to fill it and subsequently gets slung. Her 52" tv fills the bay of her lounge blocking most of the light and I think she might be on her 3rd expensive Samsung. Not by choice I might add but for reasons of Samsung tv failures.
My wife and I are just in the process of swapping from under counter fridge and freezers to full height upright ones. I dont want to go shopping every week, I also want to have a wide variety of choice when I wake up in the morning and fancy this or that for dinner or there is to be an extra person for dinner.
We have been like this for 20 or so years, it started with lack of time to go shopping but now it is convenience. Very little in the way of fresh food gets thrown as I try to plan the meals so buy what we need but then may end up not cooking one night. I used to do a two or even week plan for dinner so I knew what to buy.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 18:36   #14
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
I agree with Macafee. Big screens in small rooms do look chavy. Iv been looking a while for a replacement and waited for a 48'OLED too come on th market. Latter i found a nice Sony (Love there solid blacks)
So Pete (Rogue) i record and watch TV when i want. With smart tellies i could do this but suffer by not been able to fast forward adverts.?

My choice is this https://www.richersounds.com/tv-proj...-ke48a9bu.html. Pluses, 6 yrs guarantee, Android, speakers in screen..

If there is a allternative Pete id like your advise.

I think that would also be a good choice. Being an OLED it will give you the black levels you like although the Samsung Qleds are getting quite good these days with light bleed however the sound is likely to be better on the Sony. Once again at the risk of sounding biased and advertising the company i work for i would always recommend Richer sounds for the guarantee and they will pricematch other retailers as long as it is a comparable package although we will generally accept a 5 yr as being comparable.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 19:24   #15
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I think that would also be a good choice. Being an OLED it will give you the black levels you like although the Samsung Qleds are getting quite good these days with light bleed however the sound is likely to be better on the Sony. Once again at the risk of sounding biased and advertising the company i work for i would always recommend Richer sounds for the guarantee and they will pricematch other retailers as long as it is a comparable package although we will generally accept a 5 yr as being comparable.
I've always had great service from Richer Sounds, and always buy my "home cinema" stuff from them. Great value, and the staff generally know what they're talking about .

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 19:42   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
just looked them up on the internet, they have a place in Sheffield.

Do need to feel bias, good someone thinks enough about their company to recommend them

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 20:28   #17
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

Would agree 100% on screen size, some friends of ours have a 65 inch screen and it over powers the room.

We purchased a Sony 49 Smart TV last year, with some shopping around we managed to get it for a reasonable price and it has more functions than we will ever use and the picture is fantastic.

I suppose it depends on how much and what type of TV you watch? If you watch a lot of films or dramas a bigger TV is a good option.

The last time we were in John Lewis we went into the room with a 85 inch TV, an amazing picture but £6k. You would need a room the size of a tennis court to take advantage of a screen that large. Also spending that kind of money on a TV you would be very upset when it goes wrong and I am sure they are not easily fixable. Our neighbours have a 55 inch TV and the screen had lines after it was 18 months old, Samsung reckoned it would cost more to repair that it would to replace the TV. Can you imagine if that happened if you had paid £6k.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 20:29   #18
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
just looked them up on the internet, they have a place in Sheffield.

Do need to feel bias, good someone thinks enough about their company to recommend them

macafee2
We have a store in Southampton too, on London road.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 23:26   #19
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
on a big screen, the presenter or newsreader will often look bigger than real life, which just seems odd to me - who really wants to see a giant head in the corner of the living room .

Cliff
I've often thought that Cliff.

We have a 50" Finlux TV which I often think is too big, we only bought it to copy everyone else.

I think 50" is about right to keep the proportions bearable, once you go to 55" and 60" it all gets ridiculous for the average living room.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2021, 08:15   #20
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Thank you Pete. Iv used Richer Sounds for years. Iv bought DVD Blue ray, DAB radio and a turn table just to mention a few. Th telly i had from them is a 11 year old LG and is still working with no previous problems at all. But thought its time to get a smart telly after using them on holiday and finding that they suit my needs. Only gripe would be advert removel or th ability to fast forward them... ? Is there a away around these pesky adds?