Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th October 2021, 21:09   #11
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

The rear bush housings can be fitted alone on the existing arms, however-------------------it is very, very important the new housings are fitted exactly in the same positions on the arms as the old ones.
Just fitted the LHS on my car.--The housing can be rotated to become flat on the chassis where the two bolts are fitted.--A crow bar can be inserted into a central hole in housing from underneath. This can then be used to easily rotate the housing to align the holes, bolts and threads in the chassis of the car.---Without this its almost impossible to get the bolts started---.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2021, 19:41   #12
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Well I got 'er finished today, and it all went pretty well. Bought & fitted new front:
• control arms/wishbones and rear bushes
• anti-roll bar links
• outer track rod ends
• springs
• strut bearings and mounts
• lower ball joint bolts & nuts
• roll bar bushes

Compared to the first time I did this lot a couple of years ago on my Connie, I was a little wiser and a lot more prepared. The 15mm hub pinch bolts holding the struts were predictably bar stewards but didn't break and the lower ball joint bolts required the FH hammer big-time. The wishbone bush which featured in the opening post above literally fell to pieces, as did both strut mounts and bearings. The bush bolts weren't as troublesome as I anticipated, possibly due to my having the car right up on high axle stands which gave me plenty of room underneath to swing the breaker bar and 18mm flexible head/ratchet spanner.

There is no way on dog's earth that the July MoT 1500 miles ago was legit. But it's done and feels & drives as it should. The oil and every filter on the car has been changed (they were all in horrendous condition) and it's running a damn sight better than when I limped home those 230 miles with it.

Big shout out to Ian/macafee2 who popped over a couple of weekends ago to lend an extra pair of hands and eyes to properly diagnose the extent of the job.

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 6th November 2021 at 19:46..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote