Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th October 2021, 16:43   #71
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Test test test test test test = more cases, more cases, mores cases. Headline grabbing, scaremongering.

Wise up UK. It’s rife, take the steps you need to keep your loved ones safe, and consider others in your daily grind it’s that simple. No rules required.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2021, 19:37   #72
Thunderbolt
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+ 190

Just for info, I have managed to test positive, both lft and PCR.
We think my son got it at Scouts as there have been several cases in the scout group.
I am double vaccinated, but still got it.
We have been really careful, it is so annoying.

Well I might loose some weight 😀
Old 29th October 2021, 20:03   #73
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Just for info, I have managed to test positive, both lft and PCR.
We think my son got it at Scouts as there have been several cases in the scout group.
I am double vaccinated, but still got it.
We have been really careful, it is so annoying.

Well I might loose some weight 😀
Bad luck and get well soon. There’s not much mask wearing etc going on out and about, so not surprised with the high stats. It went through my household after Christmas last year. Having had it before the jab I’m taking it seriously!
Old 30th October 2021, 07:00   #74
mbev51
Banned

Removed

My grandson has it at the moment, that’s about half my family now. We will all be exposed to the virus at some time unless you are a real hermit. The vaccines do not stop you getting it. The kids are aiding the transmission. I feel it’s government policy to allow it to spread, re no mask waring etc in England. It’s high risk, BoJo has had herd immunity stuck on his brain since the beginning. Having said that it may turn out to be the best approach ignoring the awful death figures. So don’t be surprised if you get it. Hopefully the vaccine will stop you having to go to hospital.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2021, 12:13   #75
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

There is a revolutionary theory that the way to avoid becoming infected with a virulent disease is to avoid contact with the infected patient(s). Hence that old-fashioned treatment in an Isolation Hospital.

Placing that well-tried and successful remedy squarely on its head and to circulate rumours of the social isolating of disease free and perfectly healthy individuals by imposing a withdrawal of their civil rights of movement (and their access to public places because they have chosen not to join a mad rush to be vaccinated) creates a new revolutionary theory in place of the earlier one.

Cute, avoid the ignominy of accusations of tampering with our long held freedoms by inducing panic and placing social restrictions on innocent citizens by making them the bad guys.

In fact, the vaxxed population is now the primary source of infection and already becoming the sector to be avoided by the healthy. Infecting those who have so far avoided being affected because either they are immune or have avoided contact under their own behaviour or sheer good luck is hardly saintly.
Old 30th October 2021, 15:10   #76
YHT
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Mmmh! As its reported that over 80% of the population has been vaccinated and vaccination doesn't prevent you getting the bug but reduces its effects dramatically then most infections are likely to be from those who have been vaccinated. Those who catch it, vaccinated or not, will spread it to those they come into contact with, vaccinated or not.
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2021, 17:22   #77
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YHT View Post
Mmmh! As its reported that over 80% of the population has been vaccinated and vaccination doesn't prevent you getting the bug but reduces its effects dramatically then most infections are likely to be from those who have been vaccinated. Those who catch it, vaccinated or not, will spread it to those they come into contact with, vaccinated or not.

I don't believe it is that simple, fellow carrot cruncher!

The presence of anti-bodies through vaccination is likely to reduce the time that a human body carries the active and transmissible virus. Therefore I believe that those who have not been vaccinated have a greater propensity to transmit the disease on per head of catcher.

Irrespective of all that, do you not believe that we have a moral and social duty to be vaccinated in order to give those around us a feeling of security at a difficult time?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2021, 18:24   #78
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

it is not about, immunity, transmission nor infecting others. The vaccination is purely to reduce the effects on the person infected. Reduce the effects, reduce the numbers required to be treated in hospital, reduce the numbers requiring immediate treatment for a 'relatively controllable virus', reduce the numbers on recently expanded waiting lists due to covid treatments.

The side effect of course is that Bill Gates will know where you are at all times ........ apparently.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2021, 21:47   #79
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
it is not about, immunity, transmission nor infecting others. The vaccination is purely to reduce the effects on the person infected. Reduce the effects, reduce the numbers required to be treated in hospital, reduce the numbers requiring immediate treatment for a 'relatively controllable virus', reduce the numbers on recently expanded waiting lists due to covid treatments.

Quote:
The side effect of course is that Bill Gates will know where you are at all times ........ apparently.
He knows anyway, on our little estates in our little houses, buying yet more laptops with windows 11.

As most windows 10 laptops and PC are not compatible anymore, lets not forget he is chasing Mr Amazon through the jungle to get to space and beyond

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2021, 22:37   #80
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post

You are of course correct about the primary purpose of the vaccine. However, there appears to be emerging evidence that transmission is reduced for a period through vaccination.

See https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y

Bill gates....I think people may have been watching Star Trek and the injection of Borg nano probes a little too much?

Last edited by MSS; 30th October 2021 at 22:41..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote