Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th November 2021, 23:27   #111
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

You are lucky if you can get a surgery receptionist to pick the phone up let alone make a face to face appointment with a doctor.I had a text inviting me for a flu jab.It went on to say that the only reason to contact them was if I wished to decline it.As it happened I had already had one so I tried to let them know.For the next 5 days at different times of the day I telephoned them and each time the line was engaged until eventually I just gave up trying.I heard Boris say that doctors MUST start seeing patients face to face again but they still seem to be doing as they like.What's going on?

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2021, 06:52   #112
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

My surgery seems to be OK at picking up the phone but there are doing everything remotely, my wife needed some antibiotics and they were prescribed over the phone and the one that shocked me my Asthma revue was also done over the phone Normally I have to puff some devices and prove it is under control, not this time, just several questions and a '' thankyou'' for my time.

The problem is Doctors have got to like not seeing patients and will do everything they can to keep it this way.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2021, 17:13   #113
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The problem is Doctors have got to like not seeing patients and will do everything they can to keep it this way.
I think that is the nub of it Steve. In the transport industry (coach and rail) we had a saying that 'It would be a good job if it wasn't for the people'.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2021, 19:34   #114
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post

Doctors are employee's,and as I have always understood it,employee's do as they are told.Months ago I distinctly remember Boris telling them that they MUST start doing the same number of face to face appointments again as they were doing pre pandemic.I can only think that it somehow suits their local health authoritie's for allowing them to get away with it.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2021, 20:13   #115
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

My wife phoned the surgery yesterday at 9 am, one option on the phone is to keep your place in the queue and request a call back. 9.15am she got a call back and was given an appointment at 2.30pm to see the doctor. Excellent service here in Tewkesbury, no complaints at all, perhaps we are the exception.

Old 12th November 2021, 23:17   #116
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Doctors are employee's,and as I have always understood it,employee's do as they are told.Months ago
Quote:
I distinctly remember Boris telling them that they MUST start doing the same number of face to face appointments again as they were doing pre pandemic.
I can only think that it somehow suits their local health authoritie's for allowing them to get away with it.
Who is going to listen to him when he can't follow hospital rules that you must where a mask when going for an appointment or visiting, he was asked three times yesterday when he was visiting an hospital to put his mask on he totally ignored them.

Personally if i was manager of said hospital or head nurse i would have called security and had him removed.

He only goes to these places and factories etc, to make himself look good or give an impression he cares, he doe's not do not be fooled by this guy.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2021, 08:19   #117
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Doctors are employee's,and as I have always understood it,employee's do as they are told.Months ago I distinctly remember Boris telling them that they MUST start doing the same number of face to face appointments again as they were doing pre pandemic.I can only think that it somehow suits their local health authoritie's for allowing them to get away with it.

As I understand it, the problem is that GPs work in practices.
According to the BMA, around 75% of practices are owned or part owned by the GPs.

The remainder are paid a salary, but are paid by the practice.
Surgeries are therefore run as independent businesses.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2021, 09:13   #118
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Who is going to listen to him when he can't follow hospital rules that you must where a mask when going for an appointment or visiting, he was asked three times yesterday when he was visiting an hospital to put his mask on he totally ignored them.

Personally if i was manager of said hospital or head nurse i would have called security and had him removed.

He only goes to these places and factories etc, to make himself look good or give an impression he cares, he doe's not do not be fooled by this guy.
You forgot to add “or any other politician”
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2021, 11:03   #119
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
You forgot to add “or any other politician”
Very true same pot and all that, you know what i mean, £82,000 a year for shaking hands bumping elbows and used to kiss babies, no way would they use my kids for their own gain, or come into my factory and try and butter me up, butter is for toast only.

This virus will keep spreading until we have all caught a dose of it, then we can look out for an even stronger strain.

In the mean time i am still going to wear my mask, wherever i go, and not visit pubs, clubs, and big venues, my personal choice.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2021, 11:37   #120
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

As it happens I am booked in for three separate hospital dates, the first on Monday for a minor matter and the other two being in-patient procedures. All offered in good time, good grace and without any trouble or delay. Thank you NHS.

As I have not been vaccinated and will continue in that vein (!) I am expecting to be questioned rather closely any time now. One of the dates is for a critical reason and vital for the foreseeable future. I wonder......will they accept me masked. After all, I am in more danger of being infected than they are.