Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th June 2021, 17:05   #1
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts
Default After last Xmas's Scam episode

2 week ago , somehow somebody ordered some computer SSds on my Amazon account .. weird as the whole order was still addressed to me and I have 2 step authentication on the account.
But got an email acknowledgement and quickly informed amazon who put out a stop and return order to get the parts back from the courier .

Then had a message about the order saying we will refund in 5 to 7days.

Then it all goes to rats .

Made multiple contacts with Customer services who always say i will get an answer in 24-48hrs . never happens.

The fraud team has hidden the order so customer services and i cannot access it . All the fraud teams promises are worthless .

I had a single automated Email on the 17th stating Amazon would not be refunding I should contact my Bank, talked to the bank multiple times and their opinion is same as mine , Amazon took and still have the money, and should refund it . After stirring on Social media i have had exactly the email again today.

Going round in cicles, Amazon not interested and Bank saying not our problem.

Just Written a snotty email to Amazons UK MD expressing my displeasure.

Well it worked with the paypal episode.

Still got few other options .

C.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 7th July 2021 at 07:14..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2021, 19:24   #2
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Not particularly helpful as such but I don't have any dealings with Amazon at all.

Having heard about the terms & conditions that their employees have - or don't - I'm happy to pay a few ££'s more to a local independent who treats people as people, not serfs.

There is a saying, but I can't find who it is from, about knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2021, 21:00   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Not particularly helpful as such but I don't have any dealings with Amazon at all.

Having heard about the terms & conditions that their employees have - or don't - I'm happy to pay a few ££'s more to a local independent who treats people as people, not serfs.

There is a saying, but I can't find who it is from, about knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

Not buying from Amazon is a bit of a double edge sword. The very people you are sticking up for, are perhaps the very people who cannot afford to be without a job.
What do you think will happen if Amazons profits drop?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2021, 07:16   #4
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Well no reply to the letter, getting stonewalled by the fraud team.
Amazon will not give me any reason for the lack of a refund, when they have the goods back and also my payment.

So got my Bank to create a retail dispute , and waiting upon the result
C.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2021, 08:21   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Having had my credit card cloned by Amazon, twice. It was only brought to my attention by my bank. Amazon denied the issue. I no longer will deal with Amazon.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2021, 09:13   #6
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Subject Access Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Well no reply to the letter, getting stonewalled by the fraud team.
Amazon will not give me any reason for the lack of a refund, when they have the goods back and also my payment.

So got my Bank to create a retail dispute , and waiting upon the result
C.
I know I bleat on about these fairly regularly - but I have never had one fail to get a company that owes me money to actually take me seriously.

The most recent was Vodafone who failed to cancel an internet access service plan back in 2016. I didn’t notice as it was only £6 a month. I changed provider when I retired and got a debt collection agency letter threatening all sorts.

Got no sense at all out of Vodafone whose only response was “Pay up or we will take you to court”.

A Subject Access Request changed all that!

It forced them to print of and send me the entire file (nearly an inch thick A4 “book” - and it soon became clear what had happened.

I then threatened to formally complain and ultimately go to the financial ombudsman unless they refunded me the overpaid amount.

The repaid me nearly £600 in total with the interest.

So if I may Ceedy - I recommend a bit of research with the ICO website (really good!) and sending Amazon a SAR.

They then have 30 days to respond WITH FULL DETAILS OF THE AUDIT TRAIL OF HOW THE EVENTS CAME ABOUT or they are breaking the law.

(Note - one trick we are seeing more of is the company/organisation not responding at all initially for 30 days and then saying they need to confirm your identity via a utility Bill (address) and Photo ID (identity) - this then allows them to set the 30 day clock from the date they receive your ID documents - so we now pre-empt this by including certified copies of a utility bill and photo ID Driving License.)

Based upon our previous successes - I strongly suggest you send them an SAR as soon a possible.

I virtually guarantee it will make them treat you with a bit of respect and common decency.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2021, 10:33   #7
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

And what about the so-called debt collectors who harass on the back of an allegation without so much as a court order? Is harassment not a criminal offence? High time these chancers were dealt with by the police employees and hit very severely financially - together with the outfits making what turn out to be false allegations.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2021, 14:01   #8
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
And what about the so-called debt collectors who harass on the back of an allegation without so much as a court order? Is harassment not a criminal offence? High time these chancers were dealt with by the police employees and hit very severely financially - together with the outfits making what turn out to be false allegations.
It depends if they are Sheriff's or Bailiffs - differing allowed actions I believe!

Kev
Like the Don Quiote
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote