Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th October 2021, 09:36   #1
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Default Virus spread

Hi, the COVID virus is rampant around where I live in rural Cumbria. My wife went to her recently restarted choir evening, which involved being close to others. The next evening we went to a musical evening. The next day my wife felt a little off, thought it was a bit of a hangover to start with, then did a COVID test that looked positive. That result has been confirmed via a PCR test. I’ve just had a PCR test this morning, I’m hoping it’s positive, I’m not in any way trying to keep my distance from my wife. She’s on her feet downstairs doing bits and bobs but is not feeling her normal self. A number of people at the choir have tested positive. I believe it’s the government idea that by relaxing all the rules that it accelerates the spread and that’s what they want. It will suit me to get it now, as I normally visit my aged parents once a week. Everyone who is putting themselves about will be exposed to it. This is far from over.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2021, 10:05   #2
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I agree, I have numerous customers with staff off and its only the fact that double jabbed people don't have to isolate is allowing them to stay open.

A wedding venue has had to shut, a couple of staff have covid and a lot of the other staff have either not been vaccinated or have only had one jab.

Those that think Covid is over are dreaming, yes life is getting back to normal but we have got to get used to this especially as the borders are opening up again.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2021, 10:10   #3
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Disappointingly I was the only one in the post office wearing a mask yesterday despite it being quite crowded. Looking around I would also estimate that mask wearing in the supermarkets is down to around 25% now.

That said whilst infections remain high hospitalisations and deaths appear to be on the decline

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2021, 10:39   #4
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Masks are still compulsory in shops, public transport etc up here.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2021, 12:13   #5
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Yes in Bonnie Scotland where people matter.
Old 5th October 2021, 12:14   #6
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

I had to attend my doctor's last week, and they normally do small surgery stuff, vasectomy, lump removals and all that kind of stuff. The nurse told me that they have had to suspend the surgery again because the doctor is too tied up with covid patients at the hospital.

I have also had to attend hospital for the last three weeks multiple times, and they strictly enforce masks and distancing.

Masks should be enforced in all shops, no mask - no entry!

I am at a loss as to why people think this virus has gone, the government certainly aren't releasing real figures about covid (but did they ever?) so maybe that's what the "you can't tell me what to do brigade" are listening to.

Speaking to nurses over the last few weeks (I had eye surgery) they were saying that they are at full stretch because of the virus, routine stuff is being put back all the while because nurses are tied to covid patients.

When it can kill a 31 year old fit and healthy bloke (local guy) he had not had any jabs and no underlying health issues.

I have been doubled and looking forward to my booster and flu jabs.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2021, 12:55   #7
mbev51
Banned

Removed

It looks to me that the vaccines don’t stop you getting or passing on the virus, they seem to moderate the symptoms in most cases.
Old 5th October 2021, 12:57   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Hi, the COVID virus is rampant around where I live in rural Cumbria. My wife went to her recently restarted choir evening, which involved being close to others. The next evening we went to a musical evening. The next day my wife felt a little off, thought it was a bit of a hangover to start with, then did a COVID test that looked positive. That result has been confirmed via a PCR test. I’ve just had a PCR test this morning, I’m hoping it’s positive, I’m not in any way trying to keep my distance from my wife. She’s on her feet downstairs doing bits and bobs but is not feeling her normal self. A number of people at the choir have tested positive. I believe it’s the government idea that by relaxing all the rules that it accelerates the spread and that’s what they want. It will suit me to get it now, as I normally visit my aged parents once a week. Everyone who is putting themselves about will be exposed to it. This is far from over.

sorry, why do you want to get covid? Double jabbed people have died from covid according to figures.
Does your wife want you to catch covid?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2021, 14:41   #9
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Had a few days at Centerparcs in Thetford Forest last week. Hardly anyone wearing masks. Kids and teens intermingling everywhere and all over one another. I refused to go to the crowded areas or eat/drink in the onsite stores/cafes. One of our party got sick (not Covid) but Covid was generally being ignored by the tourists. Lodge was spotlessly clean but very few staff wearing gloves/masks etc. Hopefully, the jabs will keep us from getting it so bad that we have to be hospitalised if we do get it.
Old 5th October 2021, 14:56   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Had a few days at Centerparcs in Thetford Forest last week. Hardly anyone wearing masks. Kids and teens intermingling everywhere and all over one another. I refused to go to the crowded areas or eat/drink in the onsite stores/cafes. One of our party got sick (not Covid) but Covid was generally being ignored by the tourists. Lodge was spotlessly clean but very few staff wearing gloves/masks etc. Hopefully, the jabs will keep us from getting it so bad that we have to be hospitalised if we do get it.
How the other half live, centre parcs, thought they were very expensive.
I do think with less rules about wearing masks some think they are not needed but the daily figures suggest they are or at least being close to others may not be a good idea.

when will this ever end?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote