Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th October 2021, 15:52   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Where does the day go

I bet many here work all day and are surprised when they look at the clock and see how late it is.
Jobs I'd planned for the day are not all done.

where does the day go?

tomorrow, get 2 new tyres on saloon, then to the shop to send some parcels, then tip, shopping, get 2 new tyres on tourer, mowing, little bit of sealing/painting work shop floor.

Still have some "creosoting" to do, make some protective caps for wooden pillars, make good hole in wall behind shower tap.

How I managed to have a full time job in years gone by I don't know, I'm not even part time any more.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2021, 21:57   #2
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I agree, I think the clock moves faster these days. I was helping a mate fit some carpets today, I thought we would be finished by lunchtime, when his wife presented me with a Sandwich I thought it was about 11 and was amazed to see it was just gone 2.

The wife and I have a system.

Jobs are graded A B and C. Grade A jobs are urgent and C's are ''when I get time''

The problem we now have there are so many jobs in the C's that I think it will need another lockdown if there is any chance of getting them done.

Am I getting slower or am I trying to do the job better? In theory I should be quicker with experience.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2021, 22:10   #3
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I bet many here work all day and are surprised when they look at the clock and see how late it is.
Jobs I'd planned for the day are not all done.

where does the day go?

tomorrow, get 2 new tyres on saloon, then to the shop to send some parcels, then tip, shopping, get 2 new tyres on tourer, mowing, little bit of sealing/painting work shop floor.

Still have some "creosoting" to do, make some protective caps for wooden pillars, make good hole in wall behind shower tap.

How I managed to have a full time job in years gone by I don't know, I'm not even part time any more.

macafee2
SNAP !!!-----Exactly how I've been feeling lately.--Time reached a peak at around 25 for me and since then I've been going down that slippery slope of ever shortening days running ever faster just to keep up with all the jobs that need doing.

I didn't even get the car up and running to visit my wife in hospital where she has just had a hip replacement.---She said, not to worry, but don't do it again !!!
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2021, 13:55   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

its raining so mowing is out, yippee

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2021, 08:42   #5
Midas
Regional Secretary

Rover 75 saloon & Rover 200 BRM

There isn't enough time in the day, I have so many jobs left or half finished jobs by bed time it drives me insane, Fitting in time for my cars is near impossible these days and I lost a whole 2 weeks to covid so very behind, I find now its just best to go with the flow.

Midas is offline   Reply With Quote