Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th November 2021, 07:10   #1
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default Nightmare

Got to the car and realized the front bumper was missing, it had not fallen under the beast, then saw the offside doors and sill were missing. A lady over the road confirmed she had seen the villains checking the code and removing items, I was in shock.

THEN I woke up, it was a real nightmare, a dream.......however I was still in shock and got up and went outside to check my baby was okay, she was. I didn't want to go back to sleep, even if I could, in case I got back into the same dream, tea time to calm me down.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2021, 07:39   #2
skellum
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Me too, Had a nightmare about having to eat the biggest marshmallow in the world, Luckily, woke up to find it wasn't true.
I just can't seem to find my pillow . . .
skellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2021, 08:08   #3
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Me too, Had a nightmare about having to eat the biggest marshmallow in the world, Luckily, woke up to find it wasn't true.
I just can't seem to find my pillow . . .
That's hard to swallow!
Old 10th November 2021, 08:18   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Got to the car and realized the front bumper was missing, it had not fallen under the beast, then saw the offside doors and sill were missing. A lady over the road confirmed she had seen the villains checking the code and removing items, I was in shock.

THEN I woke up, it was a real nightmare, a dream.......however I was still in shock and got up and went outside to check my baby was okay, she was. I didn't want to go back to sleep, even if I could, in case I got back into the same dream, tea time to calm me down.
Why on earth are dreams/nightmares so real and why do they leave you feeling so shattered, it is as if you really have experienced the event.

Why are dreams so weird, I have ones that in real life wont ever happen. Last niht is was in a tunnel with a road and pavement, not sure what I was doing but had the pavement blocked. A blind women came along pushing a white lining machine which was putting down a white line long the centre of the pavement and carrying a wooden pallet and holding the lead of her guide dog. I guided her into the road, for some reason she had to walk road side while I guided her around the cars parked at the side of the road.

Why can I never have the sort of dreams that I my fantasies are made from?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2021, 09:34   #5
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

My nightmare last night was that a younger version of Angelina Jolie came around to cook and hoover the house and wash the cars. But she forgot to do the ironing!

The day was saved by a young Kim Wilde finishing the ironing and Tina Turner mowing the lawn whilst singing 'Simply the Best'.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2021, 09:39   #6
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:

A number of times I've had a dream where I've crashed the Rover big time. Always seems to happen in slow motion, and it takes a good 2 or 3 minutes after waking to realise it didn't happen.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2021, 10:33   #7
Midas
Regional Secretary

Rover 75 saloon & Rover 200 BRM

I find dreams fascinating and often look to see if I can find a meaning on the internet, many times iv dreamed of being in my rover, only ever one Rover related nightmare that did reoccur though when I was much younger, it went like this, I was in my mum's SD1 sitting in the back seat all on my own and someone I couldn't see was pushing the car into a lake the water kept rising then as it got up to my nose I would always wake up

Midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2021, 12:45   #8
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:

Tea is of little use in these circumstances, a wee drum or two should do it.!
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2021, 13:22   #9
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
I would certainly accept a "wee drum, or two", but I would even consider a tot!
Old 10th November 2021, 13:41   #10
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
What's the difference between a 'wee drum' and a 'wee dram?' I'm guessing a wee drum contains several wee drams?
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote