Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th November 2021, 18:48   #11
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:- Neither gives them the automatic right to stay in the UK, anybody coming into the country has to apply to remain here"

How many have applied to stay here???? I doubt any one of them have. They have disappeared into the country side never to be seen again except at the Benefits Office

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 19:25   #12
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
When the UK was controlled by the EU, there was an agreement signed that EU countries would be made to take a number if immigrants, When the UK left the EU they were still bound by this agreement.. Since then the UK government have been trying to pass thru parliament a Bill to annul this aforementioned agreement. This has been presented to Parliament several times, But every time it has been defeated/blocked by opposition parties.

Do you mean their was an agreement signed within the EU or with an outside party?I can't see how we are bound by it having left the EU Afterall,a high percentage of people who voted to leave did so to regain control of our borders.Even though the horse had already bolted
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 19:25   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
........ I suspect laying minefields in the channel would raise a few eyebrows.
Are you questioning the viability of Priti Patel's latest plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
If you're seking asylum apparently you can't apply for a job, yet we have a skill shortage. Many of these migrants are highly skilled and came here to work. Does that make any sort of sense to anyone outside of no. 10?
There is a school of thought that the skill shortage is largely a smokescreen manufactured by business and financial leaders in order to justify either exporting UK jobs to places of lower pay and therefore cost or importing lower-paid workers through various visa schemes.

Many of our high-tech companies have been offshoring jobs or onshoring low-cost workers for years whilst at the same time offering redundancy packages to 50+ age high paid professionals. There is a large population of UK professionals not working in their areas of expertise as a result of the above. I don't believe this is going to change.

So the choice may be between allowing these jobs to be offshored, to countries such as China, thus funding their strategic aspirations, or taking in migrants to perform jobs at equivalent low pay rates.

What would the contributors to this thread choose?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 19:29   #14
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
OK the now for my two penny worth.

I believe that the inactivity of not stopping the flow of immigrants is because of the following reasons.

When the UK was controlled by the EU, there was an agreement signed that EU countries would be made to take a number if immigrants, When the UK left the EU they were still bound by this agreement.. Since then the UK government have been trying to pass thru parliament a Bill to annul this aforementioned agreement. This has been presented to Parliament several times, But every time it has been defeated/blocked by opposition parties.

This is why we see countless numbers of illegals entering the country who are there for only one reason.
The government has a large majority. Many Tories must have sided with the opposition parties.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 19:32   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
OK the now for my two penny worth.

I believe that the inactivity of not stopping the flow of immigrants is because of the following reasons.

This is why we see countless numbers of illegals entering the country who are there for only one reason.
and that one reason is?

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 19:36   #16
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
and that one reason is?

macafee2

The weather?
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 19:36   #17
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Put them in a course on how to drive an HGV and if they pass they can stay.

Seriously most of my customers are desperate for staff, some are running with less than 75% of there normal staffing levels.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 20:12   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Are you questioning the viability of Priti Patel's latest plan?

There is a school of thought that the skill shortage is largely a smokescreen manufactured by business and financial leaders in order to justify either exporting UK jobs to places of lower pay and therefore cost or importing lower-paid workers through various visa schemes.

Many of our high-tech companies have been offshoring jobs or onshoring low-cost workers for years whilst at the same time offering redundancy packages to 50+ age high paid professionals. There is a large population of UK professionals not working in their areas of expertise as a result of the above. I don't believe this is going to change.

So the choice may be between allowing these jobs to be offshored, to countries such as China, thus funding their strategic aspirations, or taking in migrants to perform jobs at equivalent low pay rates.

What would the contributors to this thread choose?
join a campaign for better pay in the UK.

macafee2
Old 25th November 2021, 20:14   #19
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Put them in a course on how to drive an HGV and if they pass they can stay.

Seriously most of my customers are desperate for staff, some are running with less than 75% of there normal staffing levels.
how much are they offering as a wage and what is the job role they need to fill.

macafee2
Old 25th November 2021, 20:23   #20
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
and that one reason is?

macafee2
To turn it into a Muslim country. You can see by the demands to implement Sharia Laws to replace our current Laws .

This happens where ever you get large concentrations of Muslim immigrants, They dont want to integrate, They want to take over.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote