Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th April 2009, 16:09   #21
Evansabove
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Conn SE

Can I suggest that if you want to carry your other transport then a Tourer is the way to go. I have a 2001 Conn SE saloon and it has Harmon Kardon woofer on parcel shelf, rear blind, ski hole behind central arm rest and folding rear seat. This plus an electric sun roof allows me to carry long lengths of timber etc from the DIY shop with no problems. My previous Rover 800 had a similar set up but my wife's Skoda Fabia has a split rear seat to allow the best of both worlds i.e. rear passenger(s) and awkward loads.

Regards

John
Evansabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 10:41   #22
Mike123
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon Con Se CDTi + 75 Tourer Con Se CDTi

Question How flat ?

Hi,

I have folding rear seats but how flat should should they go ?

Mine give resistance from approx 60 degree angle from the upright position and wont fold to more than approx 40 degrees with force being applied.

Is this how they are or is there something else that I should be doing apart from pressing the release buttons and pulling forward ?

Mike
Mike123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 11:29   #23
ianwilks
Regular poster

Conn 2001 2.5 BRG-M3

Default How Flat

2001 Conn
Mine will go down to about 20-30 degrees before the centre hutch bears down against the centre of the seat (which is higher than the sides). Same reason causes my ski hole flap from getting low enough to prevent ski's sticking up too high inside the cabin for safe carriage so always tie them to roof bars.
Old 21st April 2009, 18:59   #24
Departed
Retired

--

Just to add a note, partly after talking with Kestrel at Cosford.

The seats with the buttons (colour coded to seats, hence some black some beige ) are meant to fold, and have a small part either side of the squab that doesn't move so the bit that does will clear the doors when they are shut.

The seats without, will fold but aren't designed to. Really the tape is just for removing for servicing / repairs and so on. However if you pull it it releases the spring clip.

There are a couple of things to watch. 1. There's no indication that the seat isn't latched back as there is with the buttons which stick out further showing a red bit until properly latched. 2. Sometimes it's tricky to get the spring clip back. On mine I almost failed the MOT because of it. The catch on one side was tending to ride up over the clip instead of under it so was insecure. I had to pull the tape, and then get someone to push the seat in to resecure it.

Other than those cautions, have a good look at the bottom of the seats, maybe tucked under the carpets, and I'm sure you'll see the tapes if you don't have folders.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 20:22   #25
HOMER
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+ 2.5 V6 Sadly no more

I have the folding seat option on my ZT facelift But it doesn't work, both buttons are stuck down one side has unlatched and the other hasn't I've tried every thing to get the buttons either up or get the seat down to have a look at what the problem is any suggestions anyone ?
HOMER is offline   Reply With Quote