Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th September 2020, 13:17   #461
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

It is well known that eg. the Japanese and others use face masks in great numbers.
It is nice to know that flu, colds and SARS etc are now eradicated in those societies.
Old 24th September 2020, 13:28   #462
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I find the hostility and apparent anger most uncomfortable, it's not an 'attack/defence' situation. Clive, 'retards' is an entirely inappropriate and disrespectful response to so many, your enthusiasm is showing.

Notwithstanding, went into Tesco today for the daily Misery and Oh! Joy!, the staff all wearing masks! At last someone realises that shop workers' continued good health is no more important than mine. Especially when there are pre-existing laws, and I mean proper laws rather than opportunistic thrashing about laws, that cover third party risks on commercial premises!

Well, it was nearly all of them. One member of staff was fiddling with clip board and biro behind the counter with naked face. I quietly asked one of the Even Colderstream Guards on the drawbridge why she was excused the trouble of putting a mask on. The answer? "She's an auditor". ?
Old 24th September 2020, 13:50   #463
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Courtesy of East Midlands Ambulance Service

I found the above flyer useful and easy to understand
Old 24th September 2020, 18:33   #464
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I’m reluctant to contest the subject with a microbiologist but there does seem to be a general degree of ignorance of the progression of the current malady and earlier outbreaks. I trust and hope nobody in your family was affected by the Polio vaccine in pregnancy? My wife very nearly was, until I prevented it.

There is no exact match here, everything is hopelessly lacking in knowledge of the enemy and all we have had is disputed science and quack remedies. There has not been a graduated scale of the severity of infection or the precise method of transfer. Instead it has been more of the same with every week with medical establishment figures arguing the toss and inconsistent death rates in a limited range of ages. This apparently haphazard panic does not exactly give rise to confidence.

Have you considered just how much the populations have rocketed over the last 100 years with the spread of various living conditions and the incoming origins and social mores? It all has effect which seems to be accepted without question or preparation for fear of being challenged with hatred of one kind or another.

I must return to your word “retard”. I’m sure you will know the connotations of that word, used as an epithet and it’s even shorter version, especially in immature circles and the effect it has on sufferers and their parents. Yet another word that was innocently descriptive, then used as a derisive instrument against those least able to retaliate. In the context you have used it, shameful, I’m afraid.

We agree on many things, but not that. I doubt, again, that you would use such language in such a way if you had any experience of its misuse.
This dangerous time has developed into a Chimera, something more than itself, and some have lost sight of who we are. I’m out.
Old 25th September 2020, 08:55   #465
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Interesting read and also the links
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-09-24/...t-and-so-wrong

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 25th September 2020, 13:40   #466
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

My daughter who has just started university messaged me to say that she has met seven people who have had the covid virus, they are all aged 18/19. They said it was just like having a bad cold, they all got over it quickly.

One of the parents who is aged 63 also had it, and she was fine, thankfully.

As a parent it's a real worry when your daughter tells you she is living in a building with 500+ students.

I guess it's a lottery on whether you will contract the virus or not, just like when I was in hospital for 3 days back in June, I thought I would end up contracting the virus as one of the nurses who was treating me previously had it. The poor young lady still had a cough and watery eyes, I only saw her for one day and didn't see her again, I did ask her was she ok.

Through the months of June/July I must have had 10 visits to two different hospitals, I felt like my life was in the hands of the gods. I've also got another hospital appointment next week, I've got to have another covid test two days beforehand, I'm not looking forward to it I can tell you.

Last edited by Dallas; 25th September 2020 at 14:59..
Old 25th September 2020, 14:43   #467
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
My daughter who has just started university messaged me to say that she has met seven people who have had the covid virus, they are all aged 18/19. They said it was just like having a bad cold, they all got over it quickly.

One of the parents who is aged 63 also had it, and she was fine, thankfully. ...............
Just a little anecdote to add to the above: A few years ago, a close friend of mine in his mid 60s was diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer. To add to his misery, during the diagnosis they also detected a serious heart condition which they said he had probably lived with all his adult life.

This summer, he found himself in the final stages of the cancer and was admitted to hospital, where he underwent regular Covid tests as a routine precaution. 3 weeks into his stay, he contracted the virus, but despite his serious health conditions, he experienced nothing more than a tickly cough for 2 days, and a temperture spike for the first 24 hours or so. Perhaps more worryingly, (and as a "by the by") whilst he was still Covid positive, the hospital discharged him to a hospice without informing them of his positive test results .

By contrast, the mechanic who handled my engine re-build informed me that his best friend had fallen ill with Covid. Within a week he was on a ventilator, and 2 weeks later he died. He was in his 50's with no adverse health conditions that he was aware of.

It really does seem to be a bit of a lottery as to how this virus effects people - it just doesn't seem to play by the rules

Staay safe folks,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 25th September 2020, 14:53   #468
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Following some recent blood tests I had on a hospital visit, they as a matter of routine I'm told, test for antibodies.
I received a letter a short time after my visit that confirmed I have had the virus.

I do recall some time ago having hay fever symptoms ( never suffered from hay fever in my life) which I am told can be an indication and a very slight temp rise.

All this was around the time when my wife was working through the virus infection introduced to the nursing home where she works where so many died.

We are now pretty sure she has had the virus too but it appears despite best efforts and infection control ( wash and sanitise hands and change clothes before leaving premises) brought it home. How much of this was down to a lack of PPE will never be known.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 1st October 2020 at 11:03..
Old 25th September 2020, 17:32   #469
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

My son who is a paramedic had a test and he apparently has had Covid, he has not had any symptoms, his girlfriend who is also a paramedic and they live together has not

As I have said before a friend of my wife had Covid in the early days and is still suffering after 5 months, she is 50 small build, does not smoke or drink and used to go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. She has no underlying health problems but does not have the energy to climb the stairs without stopping every 4 or 5 steps.

As much as we all hope we get the version that gives little or no symptoms if we get it at all personally I would prefer not to take any chances.

I suppose with the amount of young getting it herd immunity could potentially kick in.
Old 27th September 2020, 21:20   #470
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
My son who is a paramedic had a test and he apparently has had Covid, he has not had any symptoms, his girlfriend who is also a paramedic and they live together has not

As I have said before a friend of my wife had Covid in the early days and is still suffering after 5 months, she is 50 small build, does not smoke or drink and used to go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. She has no underlying health problems but does not have the energy to climb the stairs without stopping every 4 or 5 steps.

As much as we all hope we get the version that gives little or no symptoms if we get it at all personally I would prefer not to take any chances.

I suppose with the amount of young getting it herd immunity could potentially kick in.
I'm sure you are correct, herd immunity is kicking in; everywhere.

However we are all in for a good kicking for quite a few years to come yet.--- 2030 anybody ??
Closed Thread