Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th September 2020, 21:48   #11
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I would think I would be mad to consider it. And, what's more, I don't even have to give a reason.

So, enough people have refused to write their names and addresses on a clipboard at the restaurant or pub door to let the Gov off the leash of due rigour. They now go the whole hog albeit with yet even more blandishments. Pretty soon you will be publicly shamed into giving your inside leg measurement and where you keep your car keys. Not a chance in Hades. What do they think we are all doing? French kissing?

If it is required to have this type of "anonymised" data harvested and retained to whatever ends it suits the authors, irrespective of the thoughts and views of the end user, then it is plainly not in the end user's best interest to have this tracking programme installed on their telephone.

I never give out my personal number to anyone who does not have reason to have it, be it my home or mobile telephone.

To question what we are being asked to do, is seen as both antisocial at best, idiotic at worst, you are classed as an heretic for even countenancing dissidence of any sort...........Hades eh? I have Cerberus installed !!
ADO282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2020, 22:05   #12
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Its all about control, we will be a cashless society before long, track & trace will be the norm, freedom as we once knew it will be something that we will look back upon with rose tinted spectacles.

Yes, Covid is a nasty horrible disease, but we have dealt with worse in years gone by, this is an excuse to 'Level the playing fields. across the globe.

I despair, I really do..
Old 25th September 2020, 07:08   #13
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Dear Prime Minister, can you please create a app so I can track and trace the new mobile phone you will need to send me as my current mobile, a Galaxy 3, ( yeah, I know), hasn't the software needed to install the Covid app you insist I need. Naturally, I do not expect the new phone to cost me, you can have it back once you declare the pandemic over.

I will use my current phone from that point forward, it works perfectly well with the apps that were pre installed on my particular model. I only use it to text and make calls anyway.

Ta.

Last edited by BoroRover; 25th September 2020 at 07:11..
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2020, 08:49   #14
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

According to the App Our village, which as far as I know has NO covid cases, is now a Medium risk ???
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2020, 09:49   #15
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
According to the App Our village, which as far as I know has NO covid cases, is now a Medium risk ???
Isn’t all of England classed as medium or high risk? (Folks enter and leave your village, presumably, on a daily basis?)
Old 25th September 2020, 11:55   #16
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
Dear Prime Minister, can you please create a app so I can track and trace the new mobile phone you will need to send me as my current mobile, a Galaxy 3, ( yeah, I know), hasn't the software needed to install the Covid app you insist I need. Naturally, I do not expect the new phone to cost me, you can have it back once you declare the pandemic over.

I will use my current phone from that point forward, it works perfectly well with the apps that were pre installed on my particular model. I only use it to text and make calls anyway.

Ta.
Be careful what you wish for. If there was a credibility gap before, it’s now a gulf. The government’s chief scientific advisor is revealed as a large shareholder in the drug company that is developing a Covid-19 vaccine.

Having earlier sold £5 million pounds worthy of shares he now has £600,000 in GSK (GlaxoSmithKline). These affairs were not notified to the government body that insists on all financial assets and connections being declared (see Andrew Pierce p. 11 D. Mail if you can ignore the cries of the wilfully biased).
Old 25th September 2020, 12:32   #17
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for. If there was a credibility gap before, it’s now a gulf. The government’s chief scientific advisor is revealed as a large shareholder in the drug company that is developing a Covid-19 vaccine.

Having earlier sold £5 million pounds worthy of shares he now has £600,000 in GSK (GlaxoSmithKline). These affairs were not notified to the government body that insists on all financial assets and connections being declared (see Andrew Pierce p. 11 D. Mail if you can ignore the cries of the wilfully biased).
And where do GSK have a facility, Barnard castle.

Perfect destination to take your family and test your eyes too, maybe pick up a bung or two whilst there?

---------

Regarding the app, I have no intention of downloading any app of that type, as I cannot see how it could possibly work on m phone. I have the location services disabled and rarely use bluetooth (even in the car) as these drain the battery unnecessarily.

I will continue to use good sense, and avoid crowded areas, maintain my bubble, and look after my own well being as much as I can. I am quite anti social anyway, so it is quite easy for me to maintain anyway.

As far as being spied upon by govt and or commercial outlets, I have no issue with this. I can refuse my details as I wish when I wish and deal with what comes from that (ie a lack of service from somewhere or whatever). I understand too the supposed 'almost' free society we live in, and how that could go against that principle. However, we have always needed some form of identity card,driving licence credit card passport, so what is the big deal of an id card? Too much 'Freeman of the land' rubbish there. (If you are a Freeman of the land, get off the road that I contributed towards or at least follow the rules for being able to use it).

What can all this data be used negatively for against us? I do not.know to be honest.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2020, 12:57   #18
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip............................:getme coat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCcdr4O-3gE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37N0aFmO19o

Last edited by roverbarmy; 25th September 2020 at 13:05..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2020, 13:00   #19
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

To answer your question: the value of all this data, and every other piece of data, that is asked for or demanded as a condition of service, is in the selling of it to advertisers to enable direct selling in the teeth of failing High Streets and shopping malls. The online business model is amazing, but is still in its infancy and due for the next revolution. That's before you even consider the conspiracy theorist principle. It's progress, of a sort.
Old 25th September 2020, 14:40   #20
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
To answer your question: the value of all this data, and every other piece of data, that is asked for or demanded as a condition of service, is in the selling of it to advertisers to enable direct selling in the teeth of failing High Streets and shopping malls. The online business model is amazing, but is still in its infancy and due for the next revolution. That's before you even consider the conspiracy theorist principle. It's progress, of a sort.
And?

I am.one of those who refuse to tick.the box, refuse to accept cookies, demand information from cold callers on who they are, their address and if they are aware of how they got my number. (I used to request a sar, until I realised I would need to provide my address lol ). I signed up to the tps etc. And tried for a long time to use a nick name.whilst online (see my profile - it is just enough info I believe as to not appear rude lol).

But I have been thinking lately, particularly about cookies online. Advertising on some sites is a necessary evil, if it is targeted then I dont mind seeing it. Whereas having adverts based upon wallpaper drives me nuts.

There is of course the sinister side, where scammers try to trick.you or hack into a system.for information. That will not stop, nor by reducing the information you give will necessarily prevent it (random number and email generators over come this). Perhaps if it was targeted, it could make it easier to trace?

This is just a thought I have been having recently, but i will still be limiting what i divulge. I refuse to use the track and trace app, as it will affect my battery life on my phone and will have little benefit for the advertised purpose. That is the only reason I will not use it. Movement is tracked if someone were to care to investigate it. What benefit could that have to anyone, except to counter those who are involved in criminal or underhand behaviour?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote