Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st September 2012, 11:49   #101
TRXnMe

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Thank you for this thread.

I've got soggy carpet syndrome in my Connie Tourer and had managed to work out it was the sunroof plenums that were the cause, but couldn't find the pipe for the life of me, your superb photos got me looking in the right place and water now exits my sunroof via the wheel arches

I couldn't get the glove box out as there is a CD multichanger in there and I can't work out how to remove that yet, but I did find the drain end and trimmed it so it wont clog up again, driver's side nicely rodded and sealed.

Sunroof now wide opem with the car parked in the sun slowly drying out, I guess it's going to take a while but as I need it every day I can#t strip the innards out as you did
TRXnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 22:49   #102
njb
Avid contributor

Connie SE Tourer Automatic

Did the front drain tubes today, thanks to Artic for the comprehensive guide.
I used the 5/8 connector from halfords, I needed to buy the larger multipack kit as they had no twin packs in stock.

It rained heavily here on Monday and Tuesday, when I got into the car on Monday evening, water drip from the interior light on to the gearstick. I also had water leaking into both front footwells.

To buy time until the weekend, I sealed the sunroof with brown packing tape, it did the job but didn't quite have the classy look I'd hoped for.

For rodding I picked up a 15 foot drain clearing spring, its about 8 mm in diameter, much more substantial than the curtain wire.

@TRXnMe, I've a CD changer in the glovebox, no need to unbolt it as it comes out along with the glove box, single connector at the rear.
njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 01:32   #103
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRXnMe View Post
Thank you for this thread.

I've got soggy carpet syndrome in my Connie Tourer and had managed to work out it was the sunroof plenums that were the cause, but couldn't find the pipe for the life of me, your superb photos got me looking in the right place and water now exits my sunroof via the wheel arches

I couldn't get the glove box out as there is a CD multichanger in there and I can't work out how to remove that yet, but I did find the drain end and trimmed it so it wont clog up again, driver's side nicely rodded and sealed.

Sunroof now wide opem with the car parked in the sun slowly drying out, I guess it's going to take a while but as I need it every day I can#t strip the innards out as you did
Hi Ian.
First of all welcome and glad the thread helped you sorry i have not answered before this been busy and may have missed your post until now, i presume after 29 days its all dry in your car now the CD changer will be bolted down you can get to these by pulling on the glove box its snaps down a little but be careful, or follow Niall post above its best if you can at some time do the tube connectors cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 01:37   #104
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by njb View Post
Did the front drain tubes today, thanks to Artic for the comprehensive guide.
I used the 5/8 connector from halfords, I needed to buy the larger multipack kit as they had no twin packs in stock.

It rained heavily here on Monday and Tuesday, when I got into the car on Monday evening, water drip from the interior light on to the gearstick. I also had water leaking into both front footwells.

To buy time until the weekend, I sealed the sunroof with brown packing tape, it did the job but didn't quite have the classy look I'd hoped for.

For rodding I picked up a 15 foot drain clearing spring, its about 8 mm in diameter, much more substantial than the curtain wire.

@TRXnMe, I've a CD changer in the glovebox, no need to unbolt it as it comes out along with the glove box, single connector at the rear.

Hi Niall.
Glad it helped you did you have to buy to boxes then as they only hold three 5/8 connectors in the pack Halfords are no longer doing the Mafco ones why i dont know i have tried several Halfords where i live now no joy.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 1st October 2012, 17:06   #105
njb
Avid contributor

Connie SE Tourer Automatic

Hi Arctic,I suppose its a bit of a waste to get three usable connectors from the box, but at 16 euros for the parts to fix the job properly, I'm happy with that.
The other good thing about the 5/8 connector and the method of connection, ie one internal and one external, is that there is no restriction by use of the connector.
It bucketed down today for about an hour when I was out in the car, not a drip or fogged window.
Really pleased with the sunroof fix for a couple of reasons, primarly as the leaky sunroof was taking the shine of the purchase (have the car a month). Some of my work colleagues were needling me a little over the packing tape on the sunroof. The brigade mechanic was more than a little unkind over my choice of a rover, he would favour japaneese cars. He's good though, when I first drove in, in the 75, he could tell it was an automatic by thesound of the engine note, no flywheel, hence the 'tinny' sound. Anyway once I get few more jobs done, (lower engine mount, strut bearings on friday), fan sometime after that, I'll toss him the keys and see if that doesn't end the argument.

Niall
njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 13:31   #106
Craig parker
Avid contributor

2003 MG ZT+ 1.8 TURBO

Hello Arctic

I completed this modification on my ZT this morning and it was an absolute piece of cake, everyone who has a sunroof on their 75/ZT should really do this it is very simple.

My carpets are bone dry because i always checked my sunroof drains were in position every week, but now i dont have too!

I ordered my hose connecters from ebay (16mm) and they were perfect for the job

Thankyou for this How To it should prevent all forum members from finding a small lake under their carpets !

Regards

Craig
Craig parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 19:21   #107
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig parker View Post
Hello Arctic

I completed this modification on my ZT this morning and it was an absolute piece of cake, everyone who has a sunroof on their 75/ZT should really do this it is very simple.

My carpets are bone dry because i always checked my sunroof drains were in position every week, but now i dont have too!

I ordered my hose connecters from ebay (16mm) and they were perfect for the job

Thankyou for this How To it should prevent all forum members from finding a small lake under their carpets !

Regards

Craig
Hi Craig.
great news dry carpet just what you need this winter because if any water is un der the carpet its going to turn to ice which ca not be any good at all not with electrics inder the carpet etc, do you have the link for the 16mm connectors you bought from the bay of everything or was it one that was put up already. Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 9th November 2012, 20:34   #108
Craig parker
Avid contributor

2003 MG ZT+ 1.8 TURBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Craig.
great news dry carpet just what you need this winter because if any water is under the carpet its going to turn to ice which ca not be any good at all not with electrics inder the carpet etc, do you have the link for the 16mm connectors you bought from the bay of everything or was it one that was put up already. Arctic.

Hi these are what i bought and of course i ordered the 16mm connectors and they fit perfect

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Staight-Ho...item4cfee859aa

Regards

Craig
Old 11th November 2012, 09:40   #109
Woodie
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Conn' & VW '09 Golf TDi 170 Estate

Found a damp rear carpet in the Tourer this morning, hmph...........
Guess what I just purchased? although I paid £5 for 4 on ebay, don't know if they will fit yet mind haha
Nick
Woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 10:09   #110
Craig parker
Avid contributor

2003 MG ZT+ 1.8 TURBO

16mm or 5/8 are the only size that will fit the sunroof drain tube and the outlet drain tube