Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th October 2007, 19:20   #1
keith52
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

Default how to release magazine

Any ideas on how i may release my cd magazine , theres an error message on my symphony saying no magazine ( there is ) and on attempting to remove the mag it won't move.

Cheers Keith
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 19:38   #2
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

I have heard that by disconnect the power for half an hour and then reconnecting the CD can come back in to life.

Remember to have Radio codes at the ready and shut down any equipment correctly.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 19:41   #3
Kandyman
Banned

If the above fails and you need to remove the player.

* Remove the undertray underneath the glovebox (4 plastic dzus style fasteners)
* With the undertray removed from underneath the glovebox locate and unscrew the 4 bolts holding the changer unit in the glove box (I think they're Torx bolts)
* Withdraw and unclip the harness from the unit
Old 5th October 2007, 07:27   #4
keith52
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

Thanks for that , i'll try it and let you know .
Cheers Keith
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 07:33   #5
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
unscrew the 4 bolts holding the changer unit in the glove box (I think they're Torx bolts)
No Torx to worry about. They are four standard nuts - undo with a spanner and remove. The bolts they attach to are themselves attached to the player. Once you have removed the nuts, lift the changer upwards to clear the bolts from the hole in the glovebox base. You can then extract the changer, unplug the changer lead and take the unit somewhere warm to attempt repair.

hth
Old 5th October 2007, 17:57   #6
Kandyman
Banned

Cheers for clearing that up Mike, i was jut copying and pasting from someone's thread

Last edited by Kandyman; 5th October 2007 at 18:10.. Reason: spelling :)
Old 5th October 2007, 18:23   #7
nisfo
Gets stuck in

Mine had got stuck a few times, I found that after a few pushes of the magazine while pressing eject, gave it some encouragement....It popped out in the end......Haven't had a problem since....**Touches Wood, then goes out to touch R75 Walnut Dash....lol**
nisfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:45   #8
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

How to free up the CD changer magazine. Wife was out in EnEnGee Saturday afternoon and reported on her return that disc 1 was half in half out of the magazine and the changer would not wind it in or out (Head unit currently Harmony, CD player is OE Alpine)

Took the changer out of the car (See Mike's post above) and removed to the (much warmer) house. I studied the case for a little while to work out how the case is constructed and set off like so.

1. Flex the plastic tabs carefully and remove the black plastic facia/ magazine door cover. Careful as they are fragile, but if you look, you can see how they engage. There are around 5 top and bottom with a couple more each end. The right hand end is a little fiddly to release, a long bladed screwdriver was used here.

2. Remove the 6 small black cross head screws (I used Jewellers screwdrivers - cross head type, 3 each end). The mounting brackets can be left in place, as the case will flex enough to clear them.

3. By carefully freeing up the steel corner tabs, the casing can be eased apart and the CD changer mechanism can be removed and the innards are now revealed. By turning the large gear that is visible, it is possible to wind the CD and holder back into the magazine.

4. Re-assemble the changer, it is fairly obvious how the casing tabs are interlocked, replace the 6 screws and cover/ door, and take back to the car. I reconnected the changer with it sitting in the footwell and successfully ejected the magazine. At this juncture, the changer was refitted in the car and tested.

Time taken, about 20 minutes, although as this the first time, I took a little while deciding how the changer was assembled, hence how it would come apart. I can't see anything wrong with the magazine, but both times it has stuck, it has been disc no 1 effected.

Last edited by EnEnGee; 22nd October 2007 at 11:50..
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 18:26   #9
bad-head-day
Loves to post

Citroen C4 Loeb

Thanks for the instructions

I was about to give up for the night as the gear seemed very stiff, but it's just a high ratio so it took a bit of finger force.

Only downside is now I'm all enthusiastic I've got to get it fitted in the semi-dark
bad-head-day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 06:46   #10
wildfirejc
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto Diesel

Default CD Changer repair

Hi,
OK - we did all that and greased the worm too...but must be doing something wrong as the CD changer still doesn't work after we put it back.

What next???
wildfirejc is offline   Reply With Quote