Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th August 2014, 09:12   #41
Atcchus
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Auto Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
HI Trevor
What do you mean by fit and forget ? they can break down and need changing sometimes also they can get damaged by the wrong air filter, and by the air intake mod cutting off the front bellow of the air intake.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1311483588...865%26_rdc%3D1
MAF just got delivered from the German company. And I'm
Planning to fit it later on the day . I changed my air filter ( crossland from Euro car parts ) 5 months ago . Do you think I need to buy new air filter ? If so which I should buy ?
Atcchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 09:18   #42
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atcchus View Post
MAF just got delivered from the German company. And I'm
Planning to fit it later on the day . I changed my air filter ( crossland from Euro car parts ) 5 months ago . Do you think I need to buy new air filter ? If so which I should buy ?
Hi Ashok.
It wont do no harm in changing it I change mine twice a year bit OTT but at the cost why not
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3507267293...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 11:43   #43
Trevor1975
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon cdt club SE 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
HI Trevor
What do you mean by fit and forget ? they can break down and need changing sometimes also they can get damaged by the wrong air filter, and by the air intake mod cutting off the front bellow of the air intake.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1311483588...865%26_rdc%3D1
Hi Steve,

I said 'fit and forget' based on I'll probably have this car for about another 2 years. I have the standard air filter, 6 months old, new PCV filter too and to be honest if this one goes wrong I'll just un-plug it !

So I didn't mean I thought it would last forever ...

I saw the one in your link, but I thought I would support DMGRS on here and I also got an under bonnett fuel pump too. Sorted just cant wait for them to arrive so I can fit them and use the benefits of the 160 map

EDIT** Re connected the PCV to turbo pipe and installed the new Bosch MAF and a new inline under bonnet fuel pump. It runs MUCH MUCH better now!

Last edited by Trevor1975; 12th August 2014 at 17:18..
Trevor1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2014, 10:24   #44
kourgath
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Location: On the Border between Cornwall and Devon, near Tavistock

New bosch maf arrived. Looking in the connector you can see 3 round pins buried level with the bottom.
uploadfromtaptalk1407493328293.jpg could others look in their connectors to see if they have these in the possible non genuine.?
kourgath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 15:18   #45
kourgath
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Location: On the Border between Cornwall and Devon, near Tavistock

New Bosch MAF arrived from Maf-Shop. Installed with new genuine Bosch air filter so there is no chance of problems if I have to return it

Insides of old genuine MAF insert no ...F00C 2G2 029 looks like there is some extra electronics in there possibly a simple SOC like ATMega or such that will take the actual readings from the ADC and convert via a table to expected outputs hence the calibration that Bosch do.

As an aside I used an ELM OBD adapter and Torque Pro on an Android phone (all in cost about a tenner) to test the old and new MAF vs Revs. as per http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=190875 new MAF is much more linear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inside-maf.jpg (129.0 KB, 63 views)
kourgath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 17:13   #46
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kourgath View Post
New Bosch MAF arrived from Maf-Shop. Installed with new genuine Bosch air filter so there is no chance of problems if I have to return it

Insides of old genuine MAF insert no ...F00C 2G2 029 looks like there is some extra electronics in there possibly a simple SOC like ATMega or such that will take the actual readings from the ADC and convert via a table to expected outputs hence the calibration that Bosch do.

As an aside I used an ELM OBD adapter and Torque Pro on an Android phone (all in cost about a tenner) to test the old and new MAF vs Revs. as per http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=190875 new MAF is much more linear.
Mmm, much more inside than I anticipated. I really would not expect Bosch's calibration procedure to include them having to write a custom table, I was maybe expecting at the most a couple of pots to set two calibration points accurately, high and low level.

Doesn't the plug include some extra unused by the car pins? I wonder if the extra pins allow writing to an EEPROM, instead of tweaking pots?

If so, it might be worth someone experimenting on a working but out of spec MAF, to see if it could be recalibrated back to spec...

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 17:20   #47
Trevor1975
Gets stuck in

Happy to donate my old MAF, I think it was OK, and it is a Bosch housing too (think the last owner had it changed as the bottom screw was 1/2 turn loose and the resistor wire ting looks clean and not corroded).

I think having the PCV pipe dangling off might have caused the low readings

If anyone wants my old probably OK MAF let me know. could bring it to the next wolverhampton Nano meet...
Old 12th August 2014, 18:59   #48
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor1975 View Post
Happy to donate my old MAF, I think it was OK, and it is a Bosch housing too (think the last owner had it changed as the bottom screw was 1/2 turn loose and the resistor wire ting looks clean and not corroded).

If anyone wants my old probably OK MAF let me know. could bring it to the next wolverhampton Nano meet...
I'll have it for experimental purposes please, if you could post it? Always assuming it is the original spec genuine part.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2014, 06:33   #49
Trevor1975
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I'll have it for experimental purposes please, if you could post it? Always assuming it is the original spec genuine part.
Please PM me with your address, Happy to donate it. It says BOSCH on the housing and the insert (will double check first).

The experiments may help other owners so I'm happy to send it.
Old 13th August 2014, 10:38   #50
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor1975 View Post

Hi Trevor.
Very kind of you I am sure either David or Duncan can check the calibration on the T4 at the nano so hopefully see you in September

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote