Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th August 2018, 17:28   #1
DEVYL
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Auto Connoiseur SE

Default Electric Rover 75

So now I've seen everything... a short message to my EV BMW i3 : YOU ARE SACKED !
Old 30th August 2018, 17:38   #2
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Looks like a V8, but got some of the engine mountings from a fwd.
Where is it from?
I know of some Poles that would be able to do this!

I wonder how far it would go on a "fill"
Old 30th August 2018, 17:39   #3
DEVYL
Loves to post

The guy said it could do around 150km at 70 km/h and now he did a mod with 200 km range but did not test it yet. It's from Poland , it costs 15.000 of whatever currency is in Poland. Don`t think its a V8, it was not worth it in my opinion. Also, as you said, under the bonnet there are "standard" engine mountings.
Old 30th August 2018, 18:02   #4
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I wonder how long it will be before these types of conversions are available and perhaps even compulsory? I don't really fancy a car that sounds like a Scalextric!.
Old 30th August 2018, 18:07   #5
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I wonder how long it will be before these types of conversions are available and perhaps even compulsory? I don't really fancy a car that sounds like a Scalextric!.
Apparently car makers are going to wire separate speakers to make engine noise as pedestrians can't hear them coming otherwise! I can attest to this as I saw an electric car creeping out of a car park the other day and I could barely hear a thing ...

My son is 18 months old - I think it highly unlikely he will drive a fossil fuel engined car ... ?
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 18:10   #6
DEVYL
Loves to post

It is true. I`m driving my i3 as a daily and everytime I go off the main road in my residence, especially in the summer when people are walking around, I need to go dead slow in case a pedestrian jumps in front of me. There was a HOT GIRL once in front of me, walking in the direction I was going, with earphones listening to music. I had to open my window and make "VRUUUM VRUUM" sound from my mouth.
Old 30th August 2018, 18:11   #7
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

15000 zloty = £3127 at today's exchange rates. On the surface that's tempting, however if the figures mentioned are accurate I'm afraid it wouldn't tempt me - and I say that as someone who is very interested in the idea of converting to EV. 200km is 125 miles, which several of the currently available EVs such as the eGolf and the Hyundai Ioniq will do - that's not quite enough range for me, but a decent start if you have access to superfast charging.

However - if it's necessary to travel at just 70kmh (i.e. not even 45 mph) to achieve that sort of range, then this car won't cruise at motorway speed for more than what, 65-70 miles? If you only potter around town, that might be different, but for driving any sort of distance it would soon become quite tedious. Does your friend plan to add any more battery modules so that the range became a usable 150 miles/220km at motorway speeds?
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 18:15   #8
DEVYL
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
15000 zloty = £3127 at today's exchange rates. On the surface that's tempting, however if the figures mentioned are accurate I'm afraid it wouldn't tempt me - and I say that as someone who is very interested in the idea of converting to EV. 200km is 125 miles, which several of the currently available EVs such as the eGolf and the Hyundai Ioniq will do - that's not quite enough range for me, but a decent start if you have access to superfast charging.

However - if it's necessary to travel at just 70kmh (i.e. not even 45 mph) to achieve that sort of range, then this car won't cruise at motorway speed for more than what, 65-70 miles? If you only potter around town, that might be different, but for driving any sort of distance it would soon become quite tedious. Does your friend plan to add any more battery modules so that the range became a usable 150 miles/220km at motorway speeds?
It is not my friend, just a shared advert from a buddy who knows I like Rovers. He wants to sell the car as his health doesn`t allow him to go on with the project. Is stated that he will share his plans of upgrading and making a more "realistic" solution. So you know it, for the moment, electric cars are more or less restricted to travel into the city only. I own a 2016 Bmw I3 ( thats the latest model with big battery ) and I can only go ~230 km of city driving with heating/air con or around ~275 km at 90 km/h. At 110 km/h I have a ~180 km range.
Old 31st August 2018, 01:08   #9
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

The original Fisker had a YFO-like sound effect that played at low speed to warn pedestrians. The sound was apparently developed by George "Star Wars" Lucas.
There is a company in California that carries out conversions to order on classic cars using power units and battery packs from wrecked electric cars. They have done some very nice Porsches among others. Apparently they have a warehouse full of EV bits.
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2018, 06:35   #10
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

I could take a look at it as im currently in lublin where that car is registered
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote