Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th June 2019, 12:20   #1
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Default Xtrons

No-one should EVER buy one of these.

Nothing but absolute garbage. Avoid at all costs.

1) Slow
2) Hangs
3) Locks up randomly requiring hard reset.
4) Wifi just drops making it totally useless for downloading maps, ive spent DAYS even trying to download from a laptop IN THE CAR RIGHT NEXT TO IT.
5) when Nav is running unit is so slow volume commands take up to 30 secs to take effect.
6) When volume takes 30secs to work, sometimes it turns it up instead of down meaning I have had to physically pull over and get out until it has recovered.
7) units iant acutually the same dimensions as the BMW original, and if you want it flush like OE you have to modify.
8) Each time I get in the car I have to scan/search for radio stations, it never saves, NEVER.
9) It actually lies to your face, when the Wifi has dropped, it still has the connected icon in the top, pretending all is well, but when tracing things on the laptop, there are no packets from the c-rappy xtrons. So the wifi stack is crashing, its pathetic.
Right now if I had an alternative, I would rip this P.O.S out and smash it to bits with a hammer, its disgusting chinese filth. These pieces of garbage have more bugs than a Bangkok massage parlour.

Last edited by T16; 7th June 2019 at 12:42..
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 17:25   #2
steveo

None

Default TD717G (Xtrons)

Hi
I had a Xtrons Td717g fitted to my 75 for years and never had a problem and when I sold the car the unit was fitted to my daughters Corsa C and is still going through strong .
No Wi-Fi though

Regards
Steve
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 17:38   #3
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

I've got one and while its had the odd bug it's quite reliable now.
Odd times its locked up on maps but most phones do too
Think you must have a bad one mate
Russp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 17:59   #4
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

The firmware I have is:-

MTCD_HH_V2.30

Not sure if that means the unit is rubbish, or the firmware was ever updated to remove bugs etc...
Old 8th June 2019, 00:10   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
No-one should EVER buy one of these.

Nothing but absolute garbage. Avoid at all costs.

1) Slow
2) Hangs
3) Locks up randomly requiring hard reset.
4) Wifi just drops making it totally useless for downloading maps, ive spent DAYS even trying to download from a laptop IN THE CAR RIGHT NEXT TO IT.
5) when Nav is running unit is so slow volume commands take up to 30 secs to take effect.
6) When volume takes 30secs to work, sometimes it turns it up instead of down meaning I have had to physically pull over and get out until it has recovered.
7) units iant acutually the same dimensions as the BMW original, and if you want it flush like OE you have to modify.
8) Each time I get in the car I have to scan/search for radio stations, it never saves, NEVER.
9) It actually lies to your face, when the Wifi has dropped, it still has the connected icon in the top, pretending all is well, but when tracing things on the laptop, there are no packets from the c-rappy xtrons. So the wifi stack is crashing, its pathetic.
Right now if I had an alternative, I would rip this P.O.S out and smash it to bits with a hammer, its disgusting chinese filth. These pieces of garbage have more bugs than a Bangkok massage parlour.
pay NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- money, get NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- product..... if it was in the car, clarify your whinge with that. If you paid for it and expected more, wind yer neck in, even with scottish blood in you, you cannot expect a 200 quid double din stereo to scratch yer balls whilst playing the local tunes.................. maybe you can?

NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- = sh1te

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 01:56   #6
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
pay NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- money, get NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- product..... if it was in the car, clarify your whinge with that. If you paid for it and expected more, wind yer neck in, even with scottish blood in you, you cannot expect a 200 quid double din stereo to scratch yer balls whilst playing the local tunes.................. maybe you can?

NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- = sh1te
And your recommendation for a functioning alternative (android too) is what exactly?

All these "brands" come right out of the same factory in China.
Old 8th June 2019, 04:30   #7
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Well thousands of people are using them Ross with no complaints and the units from trader Jubberbelly receive nothing but praise. Your comment about them all coming from the same factory, is that made out of anger or frustration or do you have proof that this is so.

https://www.androidice.com/
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 08:37   #8
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
The firmware I have is:-

MTCD_HH_V2.30

Not sure if that means the unit is rubbish, or the firmware was ever updated to remove bugs etc...
Can you post pictures from your system/about page that shows the Model/Android version
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 12:16   #9
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Don’t recognise many of your problems except poor fitting but one thing missing on your list which my Xtrons (Jubbs) suffers from is GPS lag, it takes ages to find satellites unlike my old Win unit. Repositioned aerial, tried another GPS programme, still the same but weirdly, once it finds them it’s fine for hours, can go into shops, restart the car and instantly there but next day after a long sleep it’s the same procedure again.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 12:26   #10
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Don’t recognise many of your problems except poor fitting but one thing missing on your list which my Xtrons (Jubbs) suffers from is GPS lag, it takes ages to find satellites unlike my old Win unit. Repositioned aerial, tried another GPS programme, still the same but weirdly, once it finds them it’s fine for hours, can go into shops, restart the car and instantly there but next day after a long sleep it’s the same procedure again.

Regards
Well my Jubbs Android 8.0 unit has been great no problems at all. My GPS is almost instant, at least it’s working by the time tomtom has flashed up. Only downside is they never released an update to 8.1 or 9 so stuck with android 8.0
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote