Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th September 2021, 15:49   #1
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Default Nanocloth

I've seen nanocloths such as these, advertised and they sound too good to be true. Has anyone got 1st hand experience as to whether or not they are worth the money?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-S...1461516&sr=8-6
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 16:20   #2
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Hi.

Like a few others on here I'm on the Detailing World forum and I've never heard of it.

I've posted up on there to see if any of the detailing guys and girls know anything about it.

Have to say I'm sceptical but happy to be educated if it does everything that's claimed.

Watch this space.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 16:27   #3
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

China again.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 17:38   #4
tourer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Auto.

Similar logic, maybe, to waterless car wash.
All the people in the world could rave about them, but it would still seem alien to me.
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2021, 12:16   #5
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

OK.

So, not surprisingly no one has come back saying that they've even bought any let alone used them. But, the "best guess" is that the cloths are loaded with silicone which will, for a very short time, fill and hide any small scratches. Something as simple as it raining will wash the stuff off and you'll be back to square one.

You can get the same effect with WD40 or even a can of Mr Sheen .

As with many things there are no real shortcuts to getting a good, quality finish.

Hope that helps.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2021, 10:50   #6
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Going back to my youth, my Mk2 Consul and Mk3 Zodiac, I must have wasted a fortune. amongst other things stick on "speed stripes" that really did nothing to add to the looks, an ultra violet light to allegedly stop glare from oncoming headlights, some tiny electrical/chemical device that didn't kill rust. On the other hand, some useful bits such as replacing the old valve radio with a transistorised unit, installing a squeezy button windscreen wash followed later by one with an electric pump and adding front seat belts. How many on here had the dubious pleasure of driving on crossply tyres or all round drum brakes that barely worked in reverse? A cut and shaped Duckhams oil can bonded with fibreglass resin and covered with gooey underseal made a (nearly) perfect repair to the floor and usually fooled the MOT testers.
Old 14th September 2021, 10:58   #7
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
OK.

So, not surprisingly no one has come back saying that they've even bought any let alone used them. But, the "best guess" is that the cloths are loaded with silicone which will, for a very short time, fill and hide any small scratches. Something as simple as it raining will wash the stuff off and you'll be back to square one.

As with many things there are no real shortcuts to getting a good, quality finish.

Hope that helps.
I am very suspicious of the claims .I don't think I'll waste my cash. I generally use Turtle wax Carnauba paste cleaner wax. It helps conceal blemishes and gives a rather nice shine. After close on 50 years driving, I still get a ridiculous amount of pleasure watching the water globules on a freshly waxed car.
Old 14th September 2021, 10:59   #8
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
OK.

Hope that helps.
Quote:
Hi.

Like a few others on here I'm on the Detailing World forum and I've never heard of it.

I've posted up on there to see if any of the detailing guys and girls know anything about it.

Have to say I'm sceptical but happy to be educated if it does everything that's claimed.

Watch this space.
I think your response says it all.
Old 14th September 2021, 12:09   #9
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

I know zilch about detailing, but I'd say this is a 'polishing cloth' that's supposedly impregnated with 'nano' particles of something like cerium oxide, or maybe a 'nano-dispersion'/emulsion of silicone oil in water. I'm always sceptical when words like 'magic' and 'nano' are used to describe stuff nobody's seen before because Snake Oil immediately comes into mind. I think it will seem to work, but not better than a conventional liquid polish containing the same 'nano'particles. 'Nano' means something around a nanometre in size, a millionth of a millimeter. Do detailing polishes contain abrasives that small?

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2021, 17:31   #10
rovermech
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default nanocloth

bought one it came from across the pond with a lot of trouble and a complete waste of time its rubbish don't buy
rovermech is offline   Reply With Quote