Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th June 2010, 18:25   #1
KO52ARY
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Any members in St Ives, Cornwall?

I've spotted a 53 reg CDT connoisseur on ebay but it's nearly 300 miles away at:

St Ives Motor Company
Treloyhan
St Ives
TR26 2AD

ebay ref no is 120575038460

I've been looking for a lowish mileage, pre-facelift, diesel, auto, connoisseur for a while now. I've seen a few and travelled some distances to look at them but this one's a bit too far.

Is there a member locally who could have a look at it and let me know whether it's worth a trip down? I'd like to know the external condition of the bodywork and wheels/tyres, etc.

Many thanks
Montego 1.8 (G277 XFA),,,,, 827 Vitesse (Scary)
Rover 600 (M73 LAB),,,,,,,,,,, Rover 600 (R864 WNF)
Rover 75 2.0 CDT (X452 DNB),
A couple of V*ctras and an Ins**nia!!
KO52ARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 18:47   #2
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

2000 (W) Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (manual)

I should be able to take a look at it for you tomorrow, I will be going down to Penzance so will pop in.

Is there anything in particular you want to know??

"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"
loz1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 00:51   #3
KO52ARY
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Thank Loz

Really just marks out of 10 for the external condition of the bodywork, bumpers and wheels.

I'm looking for one in tip-top condition that's been well looked after.

Cheers
Old 7th June 2010, 07:09   #4
radaghast

Rover 75 Conn Tourer cdt

Default cornwall

Hi
I live in Penzance so if LOZ1970 gives a good report and you need anymore help or a second opinion let me know.
Phil
radaghast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 09:35   #5
KO52ARY
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Phil

Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know.

Andy
Old 7th June 2010, 17:36   #6
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

Right Andy, went to see the car today, and I would give it a strong 9.5 out of ten. It could do with a good valet, and it has been through a few car washes, but with some Maguire s it would polish up into a very nice car.

The wheels have a bit of kerbing, but nothing too drastic, and it has 4 brand new tyres on it, which were fitted by St. Ives themselves.

The body work is metallic blue, not sure which one though.The front bumper has had a blow over, which is nicely colour matched, but has flaked off in a couple of places on the corners, a good paint company could spray them in cheaply.It appeared to be very straight, no dents down either side, but it was wet, as it is tipping it down today, so there may be a few minor scratches, but nothing that wouldn't polish out, and definitely nothing major that I could see.

It was originally sold in Manchester and came down to Cornwall with just over 10'000 miles on the clock. It was then serviced by R.C.Harding in Penzance twice, then by St.Ives motor company twice, the last time being in January, so it isn't due a service any time soon.

The plenum's are both dry and the drain holes are nice and clear, the crankshaft pulley is quiet, no knocking, the brake lines are clean (I had them put it on a ramp for me) and it still has the original exhaust with no blows at all.

The fan is working on all speeds and cuts in and out with the air-con. The oil is still relatively clean and the coolant is the correct OAT type and is nice and clean, as is the brake fluid.While it was in the air, I advised them that the strut top bearings were gone, and then had to show them how to change them, so they will be new by the end of tomorrow.

The auto box is nice and quiet, with no knocks or clonks going into and out of gear, forgot to check the fluid though, sorry

It has full service history, all the books and 2 working keys, rain sensing wipers, reversing sensors, a boot mounted C.D.player, nice Sandstone leather (although it could do with a good clean) with no tears or wear, a full set of Rover logo over mats, working climate control (nice and cold) and started on the first turn of the key. No nasty noises from the fuel pumps, a full size spare with a brand new tyre on it, and no water leaks into the boot.

The last owner was an elderly retired chap, he only sold the car because he has bought a brand new Jaguar XJ, and was always happy with the Rover.

So, with a bit of spit and polish, it would be a very nice car, and appears to have been well looked after

I told the salesman you were interested in the car, but that you live in Halesowen, so couldn't come and see the car yourself, he didn't know where Halesowen was, so I just said "over 300 miles away" and then he understood. The chap that I saw, and that you need to contact, is Mr Johnnie Wells, nice guy, and very helpful, he even said that they could deliver the car for you if you couldn't collect it, though I'm sure it wouldn't be included in the price of the car, although he didn't say it wasn't

Anyway, if you need any further help or info, or need me to collect it for you or whatever, just let me know. The next time I will be around that way will be Thursday this week.

As I say, if I can help further, let me know, always happy to help

Old 7th June 2010, 17:41   #7
marley
Avid contributor

rover 75 cdti. conn. s.e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loz1971 View Post
Right Andy, went to see the car today, and I would give it a strong 9.5 out of ten. It could do with a good valet, and it has been through a few car washes, but with some Maguire s it would polish up into a very nice car.

The wheels have a bit of kerbing, but nothing too drastic, and it has 4 brand new tyres on it, which were fitted by St. Ives themselves.

The body work is metallic blue, not sure which one though.The front bumper has had a blow over, which is nicely colour matched, but has flaked off in a couple of places on the corners, a good paint company could spray them in cheaply.It appeared to be very straight, no dents down either side, but it was wet, as it is tipping it down today, so there may be a few minor scratches, but nothing that wouldn't polish out, and definitely nothing major that I could see.

It was originally sold in Manchester and came down to Cornwall with just over 10'000 miles on the clock. It was then serviced by R.C.Harding in Penzance twice, then by St.Ives motor company twice, the last time being in January, so it isn't due a service any time soon.

The plenum's are both dry and the drain holes are nice and clear, the crankshaft pulley is quiet, no knocking, the brake lines are clean (I had them put it on a ramp for me) and it still has the original exhaust with no blows at all.

The fan is working on all speeds and cuts in and out with the air-con. The oil is still relatively clean and the coolant is the correct OAT type and is nice and clean, as is the brake fluid.While it was in the air, I advised them that the strut top bearings were gone, and then had to show them how to change them, so they will be new by the end of tomorrow.

The auto box is nice and quiet, with no knocks or clonks going into and out of gear, forgot to check the fluid though, sorry

It has full service history, all the books and 2 working keys, rain sensing wipers, reversing sensors, a boot mounted C.D.player, nice Sandstone leather (although it could do with a good clean) with no tears or wear, a full set of Rover logo over mats, working climate control (nice and cold) and started on the first turn of the key. No nasty noises from the fuel pumps, a full size spare with a brand new tyre on it, and no water leaks into the boot.

The last owner was an elderly retired chap, he only sold the car because he has bought a brand new Jaguar XJ, and was always happy with the Rover.

So, with a bit of spit and polish, it would be a very nice car, and appears to have been well looked after

I told the salesman you were interested in the car, but that you live in Halesowen, so couldn't come and see the car yourself, he didn't know where Halesowen was, so I just said "over 300 miles away" and then he understood. The chap that I saw, and that you need to contact, is Mr Johnnie Wells, nice guy, and very helpful, he even said that they could deliver the car for you if you couldn't collect it, though I'm sure it wouldn't be included in the price of the car, although he didn't say it wasn't

Anyway, if you need any further help or info, or need me to collect it for you or whatever, just let me know. The next time I will be around that way will be Thursday this week.

As I say, if I can help further, let me know, always happy to help
Wow! Nice work Loz 1971!
marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 17:43   #8
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

I don't mess about when it comes to cars

Old 7th June 2010, 17:45   #9
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

Hey radaghast, nice to have another member in Cornwall, is this your first Rover 75,if you need any advice on anything down here with regards to servicing etc, let me know

Old 7th June 2010, 18:14   #10
KO52ARY
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Very many thanks Loz.

Above and beyond the call of duty. This club is wonderful.

PM on its way soon.