Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th March 2011, 14:00   #1
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Default Key order process clarification.

Light the blue touch paper and stand back the warning says on a firework product. Let me know your thoughts as a consumer or a business operator.

All, to dot the i's and cross the t's this is the current key ordering process.

We can provide replacement keys for the Rover 75 / MG ZT for an all inclusive cost of £154.99 (until the 1st March 2011)

The process is a little long winded but straight forward enough….

1) Send scanned copies of the V5C and drivers license for proof reading. No matching details unfortunately we cannot supply.
2) Once proof read and verified we can advise payment options either Bank transfer or cheque.
3) Upon cleared funds of £154.99* I will process the order with our UK suppliers
4) The key normally takes up to ten working days to arrive from BMW Germany
5) I can either post the key direct or you can collect from Rugby, Warwickshire.
6) The remote fob buttons will need programming to the vehicle. We will do this at no cost if you choose to collect.
7) Do not lose the bar code label that comes with each key. This is necessary to code the remote fob to the vehicle.
8) The key will arrive pre cut and immobiliser chip programmed, just the remote will need coding to the vehicle.

Please bear in mind we have no control over the information stored on the BMW key database.
In the event of any of the key function fails to operate correctly, Lates600.com are not to be held accountable for any errors in the production of the key.

*This may be subject to change 1st March 2011.

If you have any questions or queries and need to speak to me, the best time is post 5pm.

The text has been amended for clarity from 1st March 2011. Any questions please ask...
We can provide replacement keys for the Rover 75 / MG ZT for an all inclusive cost of £164.99

The process is a little long winded but straight forward enough….

1) Send scanned copies of the V5C and drivers license for proof reading. No matching details unfortunately we cannot supply. Complete the form at the bottom of this sheet and also send via scan.
2) Once proof read and verified we can advise payment options either Bank transfer or cheque.
3) Upon cleared funds of £164.99* I will process the order with our UK suppliers
4) The key normally takes up to ten working days to arrive from BMW Germany
5) I can either post the key direct or you can collect from Rugby, Warwickshire.
6) The remote fob buttons will need programming to the vehicle. We will do this at no cost if you choose to collect.
7) Do not lose the bar code label that comes with each key. This is necessary to code the remote fob to the vehicle.
8) The key will arrive pre cut and immobiliser chip programmed, just the remote will need coding to the vehicle.

Please bear in mind we have no control over the information stored on the BMW key database.**
In the event of any of the key function fails to operate correctly, Lates600.com are not to be held accountable for any errors in the production of the key. Please do not order a key if you do not accept these conditions.

*This may be subject to change dependent upon our suppliers.
**There may be an extremely rare possibility the Key blade maybe miscut, transponder incorrectly programmed or remote fob failing to operate after coding to the vehicle. This information is held by BMW and cannot be influenced by Lates600.com. The key has been produced specifically for your vehicle. Once the payment has been cleared and order process has started no credit or refund can be applied at a later date.

If you have any questions or queries and need to speak to me, the best time is post 5pm.

Kind regards,
Lates

I agree to the above conditions relating to the order process of MG ZT / Rover 75 keys.
In the event of the key not providing full functionality I, the undersigned, accept Lates600.com are
not to be held accountable or liable for credit and / or refund

Printed
Signed

Internal use only
Payment cleared
Key Ordered
Key Posted
Key Coded

As I say this new process has been implemented from 1st March 2011 inline with the cost / supplier increase. I am seriously considering not continuing to supply these keys in the future so please fire away any questions / scenarios you can think of in the open arena........
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 20:12   #2
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Summat I said ?
Old 8th March 2011, 20:14   #3
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I think we are very lucky to have somebody who can carry out this process for us mr L

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 20:29   #4
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Yes don't give it up, my CDT has benefited from your key supply service.

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 21:12   #5
kevineds
Gets stuck in

ZT 260 SE,ZTT CDTI & ZT160+

Hope you keep this service going as i will need a key at some point (when i eventually have spare funds) as i have one tired looking example..
kevineds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 21:26   #6
Roverjoe
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V6 2.0 Litre saloon petrol

No problems but as do have a scanner is there a fax number to send the details to and do you still sort out is it called lazy locking.
Roverjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 21:30   #7
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverjoe View Post
No problems but as do have a scanner is there a fax number to send the details to and do you still sort out is it called lazy locking.
All documents ideally need to emailed as attachments, however if you need a postal addy to send photocopies, let me know via pm and I will pass it across.
Old 9th March 2011, 08:21   #8
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Could be v. useful - will this service support the MINI and 3 and 5 Series cars? It'd be even more useful then...................

Last edited by Mike; 9th March 2011 at 08:24..
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 08:26   #9
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Morning Mike. Unfortunately the software doesnt allow this facility. I have found a none OE source of replacement keys that come with barcode,internal circuitry but no transponder chip.This new none OE key will not start the car. Summising this is of use if the OE key has battered buttons or loose key blade, pricing tbc.
Old 9th March 2011, 09:04   #10
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

hi mate

hmmmm............must have missed this off