Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th June 2012, 00:34   #1
Scribbler.
Gets stuck in

Rover 75. Saloon. Red. V6. 2.5.

Default Wasted Police and Court times.

Dare I raise yet another "social thorn" in our system ?? aahhh publish and be damned ....
Tonight I watched a programme called I believe `Cops'; Now with his precious resource being under similar pressure to all others, I was astounded to learn that over 50% of police time is spent on "domestic disputes". Ok so, would it make sense to make those using this service to have to consider paying for the service if in fact as in most cases its proven to be a complete waste of Police time ?? This if enforcible at law frees up our `Coppers' to do what they are in fact paid for. My bet is the drop in calls would be astounding. On tonights programme one "couple" called them 3 times that day. Bear in mind the costs including attending, all paperwork and the fact they are not available for more serious issues at that time I would advocate making them pay; subject to proving their case of course; as domestic violence is indeed an extremely serious matter, whether male or female. Opinions please ... Mike.
Scribbler. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 08:30   #2
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Worringly, Im sure this has already been considered by the powers that be. Its a bit like hill climbers who go out in shocking weather only to get into trouble and be airlifted to safety by a Seaking helicopter at £1000 per minute to operate (I think). Bill them! They'll think twice about putting peoples lives at risk again.

But, the coppers on the show are already doing what they are supposed to do. By attending at their home and dealing with the alleged offences. To make people pay financially, could be deemed as them paying twice as they will be paying tax of some sort (even if they claim benefits) but that a whole other story for another day maybe.

There are proceedures in place to deal with repeated incidents and its a criminal offence to waist police time. Its upto the police officers to use this if they feel this is the case.

Domestic incidents are high on the agenda of all police forces here. In Scotland, its the police who bring the charges, not the complainer (victim), so if he hits her, and the police are satisfied an offence has taken place, he gets arrested and the prosecution process starts.

The problem police have in England is the complainer may not bring charges and they have to walk away. If this is repeated time after time, then the coppers should excersise ther right to charge them with waisting police time. Frustrating as it may be, Police need to work within the law.

I wouldnt want an invoice from police if they had to deal with an accident I had.
Old 27th June 2012, 16:25   #3
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

And then there's the Thorny question of who should pay? The complainer, or the one complained about? (who would no doubt claim innocense)...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote