Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th June 2012, 21:18   #1
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

Default Party Wall sound insulation ??

Can anyone offer any advice on domestic home insulation for sound coming from a next door property? Our party wall between our neighbours and us is pathetic and we can here every conversation, shouting match, cough, sneeze and laugh etc. Really beginning to affect us! Council and police are already on the case but even when they are behaving its to noisy for us!!
Come to the conclusion that we need to look into some sound insulation hoping someone on here has experience as don't want to waste money and time and be no better of cheers Tam .
Old 27th June 2012, 21:41   #2
baggie9
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar s Type

Can understand how it is effecting you, we had the same problem in our first house.Our neighbours where a good family but it was a poorly built semi.But the bow windows on both houes where within 3" inches of the party wall so couldn't insululate.We ended moved to a detatched house,because my wife couldn't stand it ,then itstarted to effect me.
There a lot of products on the market now,because of the new regs.Check on You-tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63uKanAe0G8
baggie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 21:43   #3
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyboy View Post
Can anyone offer any advice on domestic home insulation for sound coming from a next door property? Our party wall between our neighbours and us is pathetic and we can here every conversation, shouting match, cough, sneeze and laugh etc. Really beginning to affect us! Council and police are already on the case but even when they are behaving its to noisy for us!!
Come to the conclusion that we need to look into some sound insulation hoping someone on here has experience as don't want to waste money and time and be no better of cheers Tam .
My brother lined the walls with 3 inch thick polystyrene foam [the type goods are packed in ] , he then put up common or garden gypsum boards and hey presto.

Noisy neighbours are a curse .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 21:48   #4
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

Thanks for that its amazing how stressful not being able to relax in your own house is!! Will check out some of those vids tomorrow as only on phone at moment due the power cable knackering up on laptop.
Not much going right at the moment
Old 27th June 2012, 22:39   #5
Gilby
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Cdti classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
My brother lined the walls with 3 inch thick polystyrene foam [the type goods are packed in ] , he then put up common or garden gypsum boards and hey presto.

Noisy neighbours are a curse .
Be careful with polystyrene and electrical wiring, the materials react. Polystyrene was/is very common on narrow boats for insulation and this has been a big problem.
Had similar neighbour problems, now live on a narrowboat !
Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 00:14   #6
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Buy some thermal acoustic ceiling tiles and glue them to the party wall, that's what they are for really..

You should be able to get the glue from the people who sell the tiles..

Worst case scenario, you can stick another layer on over the first one, just to be sure to be sure innit.. lol..

An added bonus is the fact they are also fire retardant..

I have seen egg crate thingies used, the ones that eggs come in, they were being used in a recording studio, they looked a mess though.. lol...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote