Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd March 2014, 13:05   #1
Yozza64
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Club SE

Default Nano/Fix It Meets

Hi guys just wondering if there are ever any Nano/Fix It Meets in the North West Area.

I have noticed that other areas do this sort of thing.
Old 2nd March 2014, 15:35   #2
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Lots of jobs get done at our NW monthly meets when the weather is set fair.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 15:43   #3
Yozza64
Loves to post

ok. As still being a newbie wasn't sure. As need my handbrake looking at. And before anyone says get the compensator. That will come in time when funds allow, but someone will need to fit it for me.
Old 2nd March 2014, 15:54   #4
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza64 View Post
ok. As still being a newbie wasn't sure. As need my handbrake looking at. And before anyone says get the compensator. That will come in time when funds allow, but someone will need to fit it for me.
Things must be bad if you have to save up for a £7.20 outlay. See HERE. If you can't afford the £25 deposit I can provide a used compensator for you to send prior to receiving your new one to avoid the deposit. If you need it let me know & I'll bring it to this Tuesday evenings meet.
Old 2nd March 2014, 16:43   #5
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

We don't do Nano meets in the North West, the Midlands guys do it so well and are so close there is no point.

We are happy to do non oily things at the meets, that are not too involved.

After all, we are not a garage, nor are insured for such work, if you need major surgery, take your car to a garage, or why not visit the Midlands guys who are in a much better position to offer such services. I have no doubt they are insured for what they get up to as well.

Remember we are just a bunch of guys who meet up at a pub with a general interest in the marque, we are happy to help one another out of course, but are much more interested in a pint, chat and some food

Last edited by rich17865; 2nd March 2014 at 16:46..
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 16:48   #6
Yozza64
Loves to post

Hi Jim, That would be a big help if you don't mind. But wont be at the Tuesday evening meet, but will be at the Sunday meet on 16th.

The only reason that I am struggling is that I am out of work, so money is very tight. Every penny counts as they say.

Would I need to send the used compensator off first before I get the modified one back.

Once I acquire the new one ideally I would need someone to help me fit it.
Old 2nd March 2014, 16:51   #7
Yozza64
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
We don't do Nano meets in the North West, the Midlands guys do it so well and are so close there is no point.

We are happy to do non oily things at the meets, that are not too involved.

After all, we are not a garage, nor are insured for such work, if you need major surgery, take your car to a garage, or why not visit the Midlands guys who are in a much better position to offer such services. I have no doubt they are insured for what they get up to as well.

Remember we are just a bunch of guys who meet up at a pub with a general interest in the marque, we are happy to help one another out of course, but are much more interested in a pint, chat and some food
I understand what your saying. Just thought I would ask the question. It was just that other none Rover forums I have previously frequented used to have Nano/Fix it meets at their houses
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:11   #8
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza64 View Post

Would I need to send the used compensator off first before I get the modified one
Yes you will unless you send a £25 deposit, sending mine back will obviate the need to do so. You can give me your old one back when the new one is fitted.
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:50   #9
Yozza64
Loves to post

ok will do that. So will get yours off you on the 16th, and when I get someone to fit mine will let you have my old one