Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th May 2015, 00:46   #1
Salieri
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default Seats (torn/unglued board from the back of the seat)

Sorry for that weird title, I don't know a lot of english expressions but because of that I took a few photos, here they are:

Before I bought the car, this board from the back side of the seat was fixed with a screw, but it seems that it didn't last too long, so like 1 week ago I tried to glue (sillicon or what is it called) that thing out, but ... it lasted only one week. What would you guys suggest to fix this out please so it won't bother me anymore? Haha.

Thanks a lot guys, much apreciated, your informations always helped me big time, best regards and have a super day!!!

Stefan.

Last edited by Salieri; 10th May 2015 at 08:44..
Salieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2015, 01:56   #2
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Hello stefan, you didn't mention what glue you used, but I would try a mixing adhesive like LIQUID METAL ect and use masking tape to hold until dry. Good luck.
Lee T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2015, 05:01   #3
Steady-Eddie
Avid contributor

2004 75 CDTi, Conn SE

Had this problem on my last 75, a pre facelift model. Fixed it with "No More Nails" double sided tape and it was still holding when I sold the car 3 years later
Old 10th May 2015, 07:22   #4
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Why not replace the clip that should hold the backboard in its place?
Old 10th May 2015, 08:28   #5
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

pretty sure the plastic clip are broken you cannot mend them they are part of the panel.
Its either another panel. Or self tapper in the right place.
Drill a hole on the very lowest point of the panel. Where it curves under the seat you will then drill into the metal frame.this will hold properly and not be visible.

Have fun.

Chris (currently very bored in hospital)
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2015, 21:03   #6
Salieri
Regular poster

Rover 75

Thanks a lot guys for taking your time to help me, I will try tomorrow and see what I can do. Thanks again!

Also, ceedy, I hope you'll get better my man, take care!

Best regards!
Old 11th May 2015, 21:16   #7
Hantsdave
Loves to post

2004 CDTi SE TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
pretty sure the plastic clip are broken you cannot mend them they are part of the panel.
Its either another panel. Or self tapper in the right place.
Drill a hole on the very lowest point of the panel. Where it curves under the seat you will then drill into the metal frame.this will hold properly and not be visible.

Have fun.

Chris (currently very bored in hospital)
Chris has the answer. Having wrestled with a loose seat back since I bought the car 2 years ago and tried various alternatives including cable ties and even a very inventive metal spring arrangement I came to the conclusion some months ago that removing the seat and slapping a couple of self tappers low down on the curve should solve it. If you drill within a few mm of the bottom edge of the board and use small washers it will hold well and more importantly be out of sight. Unless of course your planning on some back seat hockey with a lady friend.

It is more sensible to make the panel removable as if, like me, you need to dismantle the seat to fix the lumbar cable.

Sorry to see you are in hospital Chris. You must be missing your ZTs, has anyone offered to bring them over to visit you?
Previously owned..Austin Mini Countryman, Austin 1100 VDP, Princess 2200HL (x2), Ambassador VDP, TR7, Triumph Stag, Rover 820, Rover 216 GSi, Rover 420D, Rover 600 Si, Rover 600 GSi, Montego GSi, Rover 216 cabriolet, Jaguar XJ6 Gold, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Tourer CDTi (x3), Rover 75 CDT x 2, Rover 75 Connie V6, Rover 45. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 x 2, Jeep Chrokee KK Plus a few other foreign ones I'm too embarrassed to mention..

Last edited by Hantsdave; 11th May 2015 at 21:19..
Hantsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 14:11   #8
Salieri
Regular poster

Rover 75

Solved it with ceedy's advice, it's GREAT now !!! I drilled a hole both in the left side and right side just to make sure and it's perfect now. Thanks a lot guys!